Trash Talk #1

| On
3:03 pm



I have finally used up enough products to do an empties review post on! Most of it is skin care because for some reason, it takes me forever to use up any makeup.

Since skincare is dominant in this empties collection I will begin with that.

Revita Labs Botanical Formula Eye Complex Firming Cream
Price: AU$11.74
Claims:
  • Special Herbs Help Firm, Tone & Detoxify
  • Fights Bags, Crows Feet & Shadows
  • For All Skin Types
  • Paraben Free
Verdict:
This was my first ever eye cream I ever purchased. I was suffering with my under eyes always looking dull, dry and cakey whenever I wore makeup. Whenever I wore this eye cream under makeup I noticed the makeup did start to separate. Therefore I only applied this at night time in a thick layer and it really hydrated my under eyes. I can't comment on it fighting crows feet as I am still too young to have that. At the moment I would not repurchase this as I have another eye cream I am trying out.

Clarisonic Mia 2 Brush Heads - Acne
Price: AU$2.08
Verdict:
I have had my clarisonic for a year now and I've already gone through one normal brush head and three acne ones. I have acne prone skin and to me the acne head works the best. I will repurchase because it really feels like it deep cleans all the build up in my pores and removes left over makeup I may have.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser
Price: AU$17.95
Claims:
  • Gently cleanses oil and blemish prone skin
  • Removes make-up and impurities
  • Helps keep skin blemish-free with anti-bacterial tea tree oil
Verdict:
I am a big supporter of using tea tree on breakouts as it helps dry them out and shortens their lifespan! Unfortunately my acne is hormonal so this did not give me blemish-free skin but it did dry up my little friends a lot faster than usual. It dried them up so much I sometimes would get really dry skin from it. I had use this every other night to prevent it from drying out my skin however I did enjoy using it. I will not repurchase this because I am trying out another face wash. If that one does not work out I probably would go back to this one.

Phytorelax Laboratories Ultra Rich Body Butter with Pure Coconut Oil
Verdict:
This was a really moisturising body butter but the only place I could use it was on my feet and legs. For some reason whenever I used it on my chest, stomach, arms or back I'd wake up with small bumps all over those areas. I'm not sure if it was because of the coconut oil? I do have a sensitive upper half and the only thing I can use on it without irritating it is rosehip oil or jojoba oil. My favourite way to apply this was in a thick layer before bed on my feet then put fluffy socks on. I always woke up with soft smooth feet that were summer ready! I also used this after shaving my legs and it mositurised them really well. As I mentioned before I cannot find this anywhere so I won't be repurchasing it. I also won't repurchase this because my skin didn't agree with it. Does coconut oil irritate anyone else's skin or am I weird?

FINALLY ONTO THE MAKEUP PART!

Garnier Perfect Blur 5sec Smoothing Base Perfection
Price: AU$13.59
Claims:
A smoothing and perfecting skincare base with light reflecting technology to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, imperfections, pores and shine.
Verdict:
I really enjoyed using this primer whenever I had breakouts because I really feel like it smoothed out my skin for any makeup I was going to put on top of it. It has a velvety finish and less is more with this product. I don't have large pores so I'm not sure how well it fills them. Again I won't be repurchasing this because I have other primers at the moment.

Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara
Price: AU$12
Claims:
• Immediate Extreme Volume
• Buildable Formula Without Clumping
• Long-Lasting Power
Verdict:
I don't have much to say about this product because I really did not like it at all. It went so clumpy and even when I was able to separate the clumps it would flake throughout the day and make my lashes look dry. I know this product has worked so well for so many people but it did not work for me no matter how I tried applying it. I will not repurchase this or finish using this product.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
Price: AU$14.95
Claims:
Fit Me skin merging pigments and translucent primer base ensure comfortable wear, for the most breathable fit. The weightless formula and micro fine pigments blend 100% with your complexion creating a natural and flawless appearance.
Verdict:
I LOVE this concealer. I think I go through them so fast because on my "no makeup" days I use this all over my face with some powder. It the perfect amount of coverage and lasts all day. It never looks cakey and covers breakouts. If I don't set this under my eyes it does crease, but so do all other concealers I have tried. This concealer is perfect, I already have another one!

I hope my first ever empties review was interesting to read and not too long or boring.
Thank you for reading, have a lovely day/night
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9