Milani Conceal + Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation | Review

| On
5:30 pm
Ever since going cruelty free mid last year my foundation collection decreased dramatically. In fact I only have two in my "foundation" drawer. I thought it was time to add a new member to the family and I chose the Milani Conceal + Perfect 2 in 1 foundation. There was a lot of hype surrounding this foundation and usually I don't purchase these type of products but it was affordable, promises full coverage and is on the yellow side so I gave in.
Claims
"Combat under eye circles, redness and other skin imperfections with this full coverage, water-resistant foundation plus concealer in one. A no mess, no drip pump dispenses just the right amount of fluid needed to achieve a flawless look and works around the clock to keep skin looking naturally perfect!" -(Milani website)

Swatches/Formula

This foundation has a thick formula that isn't runny whatsoever. In saying this it isn't drying and can be blended with both a sponge or brush. I personally prefer the coverage of a brush but the finish of a sponge. So it is all up to personal preference. In this second photo the circle swatch is the same as above just after 10 minutes and the swatch above is freshly applied. I wouldn't say this foundation oxidises at all. 


Shade 01 Creamy Vanilla is yellow-toned so it is great for those with light-warm skin tones. This shade is too light for me currently so if you are a similar shade to me i'd go the next shade up.
Milani Conceal + Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation shade 01 Creamy Vanilla

Opinions
This was initially going to be a first impression but I decided to try it over a month period to properly gather my thoughts. I will still include how it went the first time I wore it but over time and with other products my feelings did change.

First impressions: This foundation is tacky, provides full coverage which takes two layers for me (due to scarring) and has a very matte finish. I paired this with my Hourglass ambient lighting powder in Dim Light to add a glow. 

After an hour of wear the foundation creased under my eyes (not terribly, but noticeable), in my smile lines and on my forehead. After three hours the foundation slightly creased more but you can only tell if you are looking up close and purposely inspecting my face. I would probably avoid using it on my forehead and between my brows as those are my dehydrated areas which tend to look dryer more than the rest of my face. Six hours later and it hasn't gone cakey and hasn't faded despite me being someone who touches my face a lot. 

I will be using this foundation to mix with others to add more coverage or on hot days because it definitely stays put.
After using roughly another 8 times:
This is why i'm not 100% a fan of first impression reviews. My opinion has somewhat changed from only using this foundation to mix with others to me loving it on its own. I truly believe you could make any foundation work just by switching out products and finding the perfect combination.

I decided to try the Milani foundation with the Becca Backlight Priming Filer and oh my goodness, it lasted from 8am to 11pm one day! After the 8 hour mark is started to cling to dry patches where previous acne was but earlier in the day my forehead and smile lines were fine. I definitely do not recommend this but this is the type of foundation I could sleep with and wake up with it still looking perfect and ready for the day ahead.

The following times I used it with different powders but found the Australis Fresh & Flawless powder + Becca Primer to be the best combination. Since it is tacky it does have to be set even if you have dry skin, this is a great powder that won't make us dryer gals and guys dryer.

I never found this foundation to feel heavy on my skin despite it being fuller coverage and I didn't notice it to oxidise. The shade is a little too light for my so in the swatch above I will include an image if it oxidised during my hand swatch or not. I even put it to the ultimate test and wore it on a 34 degree (celsius) day during physical education and it stayed put!

This is one of my new favourite foundations and I'm very impressed. I haven't tried much from Milani before but they're so good for the price.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9