NYX Total Control Drop Foundation | Review

| On
5:24 pm
Although NYX Cosmetics is my favourite brand I had never tried any of their foundations so I was very eager to test out these drops.
The Total Control Drop foundation has a silky smooth matte finish and the dropper provides easy and efficient use. This foundation is designed to allow the user to alter the coverage to suit their own needs. 1-2 drops provides a light coverage, 3 provides medium and 4 onwards is said to offer full coverage. NYX's new foundation, which is very popular on Youtube from what I have seen, comes in 24 shades (US) however based off the Australian press release sheet I have we only have a variety of 9 shades ranging from fair to dark.
Swatches of NYX Total Control Drop Foundation on NARS 'Santa Fe' skin tone

A brief overview of the 9 options:
I have three shades in my collection, the swatches are above, and I put a star next to which ones they are in the list. The remaining shades will simply be listed below.
Fair - 1 shade 'Porcelain'
Light - 4 shades 'Light, Vanilla*, Natural, True Beige'
Medium - 2 shades 'Buff*, Beige'
Tan - 1 shade 'Golden*'
Dark - 1 shade 'Mocha'
Swatches on mum's skin tone (Australis powder in deep brown)

The foundation hits stores this month and retails for $24.95. NYX recommend you purchase their brush, specifically designed for this foundation, which is sold separately and costs and additional $24.95. If you have any angled or compact brush then i'm sure it would work the same.
Now onto my review of the product. Usually when I test out foundation I check in every few hours to see how its holding up but to be honest every time I wore this foundation I forgot it was on. So in this review you will only notice I make note of when it is first applied and at the very end of the day.

11AM: I mixed the shades light (1 drop) with buff (3-4 drops) per layer. I did have to do two layers, so a total of 8/9 drops to get a medium coverage. I have a lot of scarring so its normally hard to cover them completely. I felt very comfortable and impressed with the coverage it gave and if you have less imperfections you would not need as many drops as I used for a fuller coverage. The foundation layered nicely, looked like skin (slightly dewy once applied) and felt very light weight. Once it had dried it had a velvet skin-like appearance and no tackiness whatsoever. I didn't need to set it with powder, which is something I love not having to do!!
10 hours later: The foundation did not cling to any of my dry patches, didn't settle in any fine lines despite it claiming to have a "matte" finish, nor did it fade. Around the 6 hour mark it ever so slightly settles into one smile line but this was only noticeable when I looked with my magnifying mirror. Once I smoothed it out with my finger it didn't happen again.

Overall it's safe to say I was very impressed and blown away with this foundation. I have mixed it with other foundations to lighten them and it has worked well, especially because the shade light is extra pale for my skin tone. Ensure you shake the bottle every time before use and then it will blend like a dream while easily being able to be built up to your desired coverage. If you have normal or dry skin I 100% recommend you try this foundation! I believe it would work for oilier skin types but I think you'd need a matifying primer as I noticed my forehead to be dewy at the 9 hour mark. NYX Cosmetics are really stepping up their game with these releases and this foundation gets a 10/10 from me!!
2 comments on "NYX Total Control Drop Foundation | Review"
  1. I just blot after 2-3 hours to keep the oil at bay but the foundation doesn't budge or crease. I haven't experienced any breakouts because of this foundation. I have also used it at my sister's wedding and trust me, I have received a ton of compliments.
    nyx foundation price

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9