Night Skincare Routine

| On
3:06 pm



A skincare routine is very important, especially at nighttime. By the end of the day we have a build up of makeup, dirt, oils and other germs. It is vital to go to bed with a clean face and to apply products that can penetrate our skin during the night so it is nice and prepped for the following day.

The best way I could think of to do this is to state the day of the week and what I do. I have problematic skin; hormonal acne, teenage acne scarring and sometimes dehydrated dry skin. Keep reading if you're interested to see what I do to combat this and help my skin be the best it can be.

Every single night that I wear makeup: 
I use the Byphasse micellar water with cotton round pads. Usually I need to use 3-4 to remove my makeup completely.


Every night
I alternate between these two cleansers however The Body Shop one is on its last legs. Some people use the Clarisonic every two days however I use it nightly as it cleans my skin completely and removes any traces of remaining makeup.


Monday/Wednesday/Friday
On these three nights I use Skinstitut Retinol Serum. This repairs damaged skin as well as improving skins appearance and texture. I have noticed since using this product, and the other Skinstitut product I will mention, my skin has improved in texture so much! I follow this product with the Skinstitut Moisturise Defence Normal Skin and my Goji berry Eye Cream.
Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday
On these nights I alternate and use the Skinstitut Enzymatic Micro Peel which works over night to exfoliate any dead skin away so I can wake up with smooth soft skin. I use the same eye cream as mentioned above. I purposely chose these nights as I was recommended to do it every three nights and wanted it to fall on a Saturday. Saturday nights are usually when I would wear the most makeup.
Sunday
Sunday nights are kind of my rest nights. After a week of exfoliators/peels and serums I just cleanse my face with my Clarisonic and apply a generous amount of Desert Essence 100% Pure Jojoba Oil. Also by this time of the week I am usually lazy with skincare.
Masks/Shower
Lastly I wanted to mention the masks I use and what skincare I do when I'm in the shower. I know this is probably a lot of products and steps already but I have had this routine for a year and it is working for me.
These two products are what I use in the shower. I do sometimes use my Clarisonic but on the nights I do face masks I will usually use St Ives Blemish Control Green Tea Scrub to remove dead skin prior to it. Palmer's Creamy Cleanser & Makeup Remover removes my makeup really well when I am in the shower and leaves my skin so soft!

This blog post is almost over, I know its kind of like a book now, haha. 
On Wednesday nights I try to use Andalou Gylcolic mask to brighten my skin mid week and on Sunday's to pamper my skin and deep clean I use Kiss my Face Deep Cleansing mask. The Deep Cleansing mask does give me breakouts sometimes as it brings all the gunk to the surface.
Last but not least on the nights where I feel like my skin is really congested and icky I use Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. I use this product very rarely as it is an intense mask which always brings my breakouts to the surface, however it does dry any current ones up making them fade quicker. It also clears my blackheads. I wanted to include images of where I usually apply it (my problem areas) and how it looks after removal. Keep in mind the redness goes down after half an hour to 40 minutes so I do not recommend using this mask before having to go out. Also if you have sensitive skin this may be too harsh.

To those of you who have read this entire blogpost, thank you so much!
I hope this was helpful and may you all have wonderful skin days :)

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9