Gerard Cosmetics - Lipstick Review

| On
2:30 pm


I was always iffy about buying from Gerard Cosmetics because of the negativity surrounding their company however I noticed they had a special on so I thought I'd take the opportunity to try some of their lipsticks.
 
I made two orders because after I chose out three my mum decided she wanted some other shades. So now I have 6 of their lipsticks with another two on the way (I will adress this soon!). The shades I have are 1995, Rodeo Drive, Vintage Rose, Buttercup and Nude x2.
 
I live in Australia and ordered off Gerard's site, the day after I made my orders I received a confirmation email and a tracking number. It took about two weeks for the lipsticks to arrive. I received one package before the other, because I bought them in two separate transactions, and unfortunately two of the three lipsticks were damaged at the base and squashed into the lid. I sent Gerard Cosmetics an email alerting them of this and attached images asking if they wanted me to return the damaged lipsticks so I could get a refund. The next day I got an email back saying they would send out two new lipsticks and I could keep the damaged ones. I was extremely impressed by their fast response and great customer service. I know some people have had issues with them but I was fortunate my experience has been nothing but positive. The next day I received my other set of three lipsticks and thankfully they were all fine.
 
These lipsticks obviously are not as good as MAC lipsticks but for the price they are really good. You'd expect MAC to be better anyway because of the price! Since its getting warmer here in Australia I keep them in the fridge otherwise they do go soft. The matte shades aren't drying on me as long as I apply lip balm before hand and they last a good amount of time.
 
I probably won't be making another order with them anytime soon only because I already have 6 of their lipsticks and don't really need anymore right now. If you're thinking to try out their lipsticks I recommend that you do when they have codes/specials. Check their instagram account to find these!
 
My favourite shade is Vintage Rose because its one of those 'my lips but better' shades.
 
I just wanted to write this quick review to give Gerard Cosmetics the praise they deserve based off my experience. Thank you for reading.
 

Shades L-R: Nude, Buttercup, Vintage Rose, Rodeo Drive and 1995


UPDATE
I received the two replacement lipsticks today and was extremely happy to notice there was a pen and an envelope with my name on it in the package. They wrote me a little message and it completely made my day (I had a bad day today). Neither of the lipsticks were damaged whatsoever. Their customer service is amazing and I recommend them 100% if you're interested!



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9