SCOUT Cosmetics Luminous Finish Foundation | Review

| On
5:51 pm
The last week of uni is over and now I just have two weeks of placement. I can finally get back into regular blogging!! 

This weeks post is a foundation review. Foundations are one of my favourite makeup products to try out because I feel like my skin is very difficult to work with, so when one works I know it's good! If you didn't know I have dry, acne prone, sensitive and scarred skin. I like my foundation to look natural but still cover well enough for me to feel confident. Does the SCOUT foundation live up to my standards? Read on to find out.
SCOUT Cosmetics claims the foundation to be soothing and moisturising with a light fragrance. It is perfect for all skin types and leaves skin fresh, radiant even toned.

Before jumping into the pro's and con's of the foundation I will include a few images I took on the day I wore it for 10+ hours.
Before and after of SCOUT Cosmetics Luminous Finish Foundation
Close up of SCOUT foundation

How I wear the foundation:
I apply the foundation with a brush to get more coverage and I do not use primer. To prep my skin I rely on whatever moisturiser I am using at the time. In the above photos I am not wearing a primer either.

You may notice that in the second image of just the foundation applied to my skin it doesn't cling well and leaves a weird patch. I have no idea why that happens but once I applied powder it fixed.

Pros
  • Doesn't need to be set. Especially if you have dry skin it won't leave a weird sticky feeling so you can easily get away without applying any powder.
  • Medium coverage and buildable.
  • Doesn't settle into pores. Even without a primer it sits fairly nicely on my skin, despite my scars. If you do have deep pores or scars a pore filling primer can diffuse this.
  • Lasts hours and hours. I can easily wear this all day long without worrying about it or touching up. This could be because I have a dryer skin type, but it isn't overly "luminous" (unlike the name claims) so I could see it working with oily skin too.
  • Natural finish. Although it does get more "luminous" over time.
  • Lightweight and undetectable.
  • Organic/natural. A liquid foundation that is actually good for you!
  • Doesn't crease in fine lines. Nor does it settle in my smile lines.
  • Quite affordable for a natural foundation, similar to Mecca prices.
Cons
  • Can ever so slightly cling to dry patches. This could be avoided by wearing a hydrating primer, I just don't bother on a regular basis.
  • Sometimes sits funny/patchy on my skin but again that could just be my skin at the time or a lack of primer.
  • Not a very luminous finish, its more natural matte in my opinion. It does get more of a glow the longer you wear it, like I mentioned above.

Overall I do really like this foundation. I feel comfortable wearing it on more of a daily basis because I know it isn't made from chemicals but still covers my skin. The only major downfall for me was that it can be patchy but when I tried it again with a primer this problem didn't occur. I'd definitely recommend this if you're after a new liquid foundation. 

Also, it doesn't claim anywhere that it has SPF and I didn't notice any major flashback, only slightly. For me this is more of a day time foundation, rather than night. You could also sheer out the coverage if you were to apply it with a sponge.

Disclaimer - This product was sent to me to test out for myself. The review was my idea and all opinions are 100% honest and based off my own experience. I only work with companies I would personally support or purchase from myself and generally use products for an extended period of time before writing a review. For more information click here - disclaimer
6 comments on "SCOUT Cosmetics Luminous Finish Foundation | Review"
  1. BLACKWOOD FOR MEN is really the top brand in the US to get the right men's hair and skin products heard a lot about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs… dermal fillers for sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. cosmetics lipstick Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends. how to use a cbd bath bomb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I high appreciate this post. It’s hard to find the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it! would you mind updating your blog with more information? canada visum voor nederlanders

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9