August Faves

| On
6:05 pm
Another month has flown by and again I had a few stand out items I'd like to share with you all.
My favourites for this month are mainly all new products except for two so I will begin with them. I purchased the Too Faced Natural Eyes palette ages ago and it has always been my go-to palette. It has a range of shimmers and mattes in all neutral tones that can be worn during the day or night. I will be doing an individual post on this palette with swatches (and maybe a few of my go-to looks!) so keep your eyes out for that if you're interested!

The Essence brush pictured above is another item I got a few years back. It was very affordable and I never thought much of it until recently. It works so well to apply bronzer and blush and I have been using it daily!

Before I go on about all the newbies I want to quickly mention my current obsession with off the shoulder (a.k.a bardot tops). I love pairing them with leggings for a more casual look and they are perfect for those warmer days we are having here in Melbourne.

Now for all the new favourites I discovered in the month of August.

Winter has taken a toll on my skin leaving it very dry and dehydrated. Unfortunately also my hands were affected but the Cotton On Botanicals Hand Cream has been very handy (pun intended). It absorbs quickly into your skin which is why I love it so much! It does not leave a weird sticky or oily residue just a very appealing smell.

I was running low on concealers and needed a cruelty free one ASAP (I am currently transitioning to being cruelty free!) so I went with the bareMinerals Serum Concealer. The word serum in the title intrigued me and I had heard that it was a very hydrating formula which is what my under eyes need. This concealer does crease if it is not set, however once you set it then it will not budge, go cakey or dehydrated looking.

Since the weather was also slowly warming up I started using fake tan again. I was lucky enough to receive a package containing Uni Organics newest product - Forever Tan which is a gradual tanner that leaves out all the nasties. It is vegan and cruelty free which makes it an even more amazing product!! I have a full review coming soon so I won't say too much about it here but I know I will be using this over every other fake tan I own.

Another product I was obsessing over is the Nars Audacious Lipstick in Barbara. I have a review also coming soon for this!

Back to the eyes now, this post has no order lol. Eye creams are becoming a staple in my skincare routine and I find they really do help to hydrate the under eyes making concealer and powder sit a lot better under there. The one I am currently using and really enjoy is by Iluka Skincare. It is their Fine Line Eye Serum which contains cucumber, aloe vera and marine collagen. This brand is also 100% cruelty free and natural.

Last skin care product. This is a very new favourite that I discovered in the last week of August but have already used it 4 times because I love it! If you read my posts regularly or follow me on Instagram you would know I swear by the Origins Overnight Hydrating Mask HOWEVER I have found a much more affordable replacement that works just as well. It is the Andalou Rosewater Mask. This mask leaves my skin feeling so soft (like a babies bottom) and hydrated. The directions state to leave it on for 10 minutes however I leave it on until it completely absorbs into my skin. I find I get the best results this way.

I had to leave the best till last - the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Milk Chocolate. My mum bought this for me when she was over in Bali and I couldn't wait for her to get home just to smell it. Someone on my Instagram told me it even tastes like chocolate so one day when I was contouring my nose I purposely wanted to taste some fall-out, yes I am weird, and yes it tastes like chocolate. This shade is not orange whatsoever so it can be used to contour but it also isn't overly ashy toned so you can also bronze.

What products were you loving in August?
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9