My Pamper Routine

| On
7:35 pm
I want to slow things down a little this week and invite you all to relax and unwind with me - blogpost edition. At least once a month I like to have a warm bath, read a good book and really pamper myself. Pampering yourself really helps to reduce stress and allows you to become engaged in well-deserved 'me-time'.

To start off my pampering routine I wash my face till it is completely clean. I first use an oil based cleanser - Palmer's Ultra Gentle Facial Cleansing Oil and follow up with either an exfoliator or my Clarisonic Mia 2. At the moment the exfoliator that I am using is by Sukin and it is their Super Greens Detoxifying Facial Scrub. If I am using my Clarisonic I then pair it with the Antipodes Grace Gentle Cream Cleanser.
Once my face is cleansed I put on my first face mask of the night. The mask I use depends on how my skin is that night. If I am breaking out or have been wearing a lot of makeup that week I opt for a clay mask - the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay is my favourite - otherwise I use my Andalou Naturals Glycolic Mask to help brighten my skin and improve the texture. Prior to applying the mask I like to steam my face to really open up my pores to help my skin properly absorbs the mask, I do this mostly if I am having a bad skin day.

I then start a bath and while that is filling up I apply a hot oil hair mask to my hair. I usually only use coconut oil and because I am lazy I melt it with my hairdryer and apply generously throughout my hair.

Like every beauty blogger or youtuber you have probably seen I too like to light candles and place them around the bath. There is just something so soothing about them and they help to get you in the relaxing zone. I also add either a LUSH bathbomb, bubbles or Himalayan salt + tea tree oil to my bath. Again, this depends on my mood and what I feel like that day. Recently I have been using the Himalayan salt and tea tree oil duo in during my bath time as it comes with countless benefits. I don't want this post to turn into a review however I will include a few benefits that I researched - it helps to detox your body, eases aches and pains, helps you sleep, clears your sinuses and provides respiratory relief.
I will then relax in the bath for 20 or so minutes while reading a book or magazine. Bath time = no technology time for me. I really like to wind down and relax without having to edit photos or strain my eyes on a small screen.

When I get out of the bath the pampering does not stop. I remove the mask I was wearing on my face and replace it with a hydrating mask. The one I am using at the moment is perfect for sensitive skin-types (a.k.a me) - Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Rosewater Mask. I keep this mask on until it completely absorbs into my skin and use cold water to rinse off any excess before bed. During this time I usually write blogposts as I personally find them relaxing when I am in the mood, watch youtube or scroll through Instagram.

The last three steps are again skin care related. I apply a hydrating serum, facial oil and eye cream. I am using the Stem Organics* Hydrating Face Fluid and Rejuvenating Face Oil and for eye cream my go-to lately is by Iluka Skincare* and it is their Fine Line Eye Serum. I also sleep in my hair mask and wash it out the following day for maximum benefits and results.

That brings me to the end of my pamper routine and I encourage you all to go indulge in some 'me-time' now!

*These products were sent out to me to trial.
**The bathtub is not mine but I wish it was!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9