The BEST Lipstick Ever?!

| On
7:03 pm
I was on a spending ban but I happened to be in a bad mood so I splurged... on a $48 lipstick.

If you follow me on Instagram or know me personally you would know that lipsticks are my obsession. I have an entire drawer dedicated to them as well as displaying many on my vanity. The only "high-end" lipsticks I owned were by MAC and ever since going cruelty free I thought it was time to pick up a CF option. Thankfully the lipstick I bought has an amazing formula is worth every penny I spent. The lipstick I chose was a NARS Audacious Lipstick and I decided to go with the shade Barbara (a tan rose).


Claims -
"an innovative lip colour that delivers bold pigment and a luxurious satin texture to the lips." 

 Swatch -
Direct sunlight
Indirect sunlight
Packaging -
Sleek black packaging with magnetic closure. It has NARS printed along the bottom of the rectangular tube and doesn't get as dirty as NARS' other packaging.

As for the lipstick bullet it has NARS indented on it and a very pointed tip which helps achieve a sharp line along your lips edges.

Opinion -
You may have noticed from the above swatches that my lips are very dry however this lipstick glides over any dry patches and does not enhance them at all. Where I have flaky skin (gross I know) you can  barely even notice it.

For a satin finish I am very impressed with how creamy the formula is and also how long-lasting (4-6 hours) it is. Obviously if you are wearing this lipstick during an oily meal it will start to fade like any lipstick or liquid lipstick so this isn't really a negative for me.

It provides an opaque colour in just one swipe as you can see in this half/half comparison and is a very wearable every day shade.


I would love to expand my collection but with its very costly price tag I think I will collect the new Urban Decay lipsticks instead. I will still purchase more of these because I was blown away by the lipstick, probably as a birthday or Christmas gift to myself. If you are looking to splurge you need this lipstick in your life!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9