Banish Dry Winter Skin

| On
7:12 pm
Welcome to my first skincare post in August! Even though there is only one month on winter left we can't forget to properly care for our skin. The cold weather may have taken a toll on your skin leaving it dry, dehydrated and dull. This weeks post will include a bunch of tips and products I suggest to use to combat any issues you are experiencing.

The first tip (which I personally struggle to give up) is to avoid hot water. A lot of people probably turn the heat up in the showers because its cold but this can actually dry out your skin (and your hair!). Try to keep your showers at a warm water temperature to allow your skin to keep its natural oils and still hydrated. This is such a simple change that can provide you with amazing results!

Provide extra hydration to your skin - three products I recommend to achieve this is either a hydrating face mask such as the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask, a facial oil such as Rosehip oil or Jojoba oil and last but not least the Boots Laboratories Optiva Nourishing Night Cream

I just wanted to include a short review of the Optiva range products throughout this post to give you all an idea on how they worked for me rather than just slotting in products with the different tips. The nourishing night cream is a thick, but not heavy, moisturiser which absorbs quickly into the cream without the greasy and sticky feeling. In the morning my skin did not have that tight feeling which you may be familiar with if you suffer from dry/dehydrated skin. I believe this night cream is suitable for all skin types as it is not too heavy or oily feeling.
In terms of cleansing in the winter-time opt for a creamier or hydrating cleanser rather than a foaming cleanser which can strip your skin. Three cleansers which I notice to be the most beneficial and are all 2-in-1 products include: LUSH Ultrabland Cleanser, BL Optiva Skin Balancing Cleanser and Palmer's Ultra Gentle Facial Cleansing Oil. All three cleansers are either creamy or in Palmer's case, an oil cleanser, which gently remove makeup as well as leaving your skin clean without stripping any natural oils. 

The Skin Balancing Cleanser is a thin, liquidy cream cleanser which is so gentle when you are working it onto your skin. I used this cleanser with my Clarisonic and my hands and both methods left my skin feeling soft and hydrated. This cleanser is suited to normal to combination and dry skin types.

Use SPF! Most people avoid using SPF in winter since the sun generally isn't out, however it is important to be protected all year round! My favourite ways to incorporate SPF in my winter skincare routine is to use moisturisers that have SPF within them. My two favourites that don't irritate my sensitive skin at all are Antipodes Immortal SPF 15 Face & Body Moisturiser and BL Optiva Daily Protecting Cream (suitable for oily and combination skin) or their Comforting Day Cream

The Boots Laboratories moisturisers also contain SPF 15. They have a lightweight formula that provides the hydration your skin needs. These moisturisers also work well under makeup!

Last but most importantly is to drink 2L of water each day. You have probably heard this tip a lot but it really does help the most. You can apply as many creams and cleansers to your skin but if you are not internally hydrated your skin will still show it! I find that keeping a water bottle with me at all times helps to encourage me to drink water. When you are hydrated it also will reduce puffy eyes, fine lines and any dullness your skin may have.

That brings me to the end of my Banish Dry Winter Skin post and if you are interested in any of the products mentioned just click the links! If you are specifically interested in the Boots Laboratories range here is more information:
The Boots Laboratories Optiva range can be purchased from Amcal or Guardian Pharmacies. Prices range from $14 - $22 (AUD) so you can combat your dry, dehydrated skin at an affordable price!
Disclaimer - this post was in collaboration with Boots Laboratories as they sent me products to trial and include in this post. Opinions are 100% truthful and my own. I only included products in this post that I actually notice to improve my dry skin and I did use the Optiva range for 3 weeks prior to writing this post up. I would just like to thank both Jade and Boots Laboratories very much for giving me this opportunity.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9