Too Faced Born This Way Foundation First Impression

| On
6:14 pm
I picked up a sample of the Too Faced Born This Way foundation from my local Mecca after hearing so many positive reviews on it. If you read my blogposts regularly you will know that my skin type is dry and has a lot of redness so full coverage is a necessity. So, let's get into my thoughts on this hyped up foundation.
The Born This Way foundation retails for $58 AUD at Mecca Maxima which is quite a reasonable price for more of a higher end foundation. You receive 30ml of product and guess what, it comes with a pump!! Mecca states it is
A complexion perfection foundation that provides natural looking medium to full coverage. Oil free, hydrating makeup.
Straight away I can agree with natural looking medium to full coverage. I have A LOT of stubborn redness and scarring on my cheeks that it seriously takes a lot of colour correcting and layers to disguise. With this foundation I only needed the tiniest amount to immediately have a medium coverage. It was easy to build upon and in no time I had full coverage minus the cakey look that you can sometimes get. This foundation is lightweight so you don't even feel it on and as it is oil free I do see it working with people with slightly oily skin. Although I cannot speak from experience so still do some research if you are oily!

For some reason I was always under the impression that it was a matte finish foundation however it has more of a satin finish. It is comparable to NARS Sheer Glow in terms of the natural finish it gives your skin. When I used it for the first time I paired it with my Becca Backlight Priming Filter and it did not cling to any dry patches and my skin had more of a dewy appearance.

With my dryer skin this foundation did start looking a little powdery and cakey on my cheeks after the 8 hour mark. Mind you I did not set it with powder so if you have very dry skin keep in mind that it can cling to dry patches after some time or maybe immediately depending on your skin. In saying this, for majority of the day my skin had a healthy glow and did not look cakey. After 5 or so hours it did begin to settle in my smile lines which happens with every foundation in the world. It didn't happen as bad as usual though and I only had to blend it out using my finger before it was good as new.

When I use up more of my current foundations I will most likely purchase this one. I still need to wear it more to see if my opinions change however at this point in time I love it! I'm not sure if it will beat my Sheer Glow but at the moment it is up there with my favourite foundations.

Comment your thoughts on the Born This Way foundation below!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9