Trash Talk #3

| On
6:01 pm
I apologise in advance because this trash talk is going to be a long one, I recommend you grab a warm drink and a snack for this weeks post!

I have collected heaps of empties between my last trash talk and now. Again, skincare produces are most dominant as I seem to use skincare products up super duper fast however there are a few makeup items. I have no idea what order to go in so I will discuss each product randomly as I pull them out of a bag. I will also give each product a rating out of 5 so if you don't want to read everything you can just look at the ratings!

Neutrogena Naturals - Purifying Pore Scrub
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
I really enjoyed using this exfoliator. It didn't irritate my skin or cause any issues whatsoever. I do feel like it is a little on the harsher side but it removed any dry skin I had really well. I have opted for a gentler exfoliator now so I won't be repurchasing this one, but if you prefer exfoliators that actually feel like they are exfoliating your skin give this a go!

Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner - Eastend Snob
❤ ❤ ❤
This lip liner is the perfect light pink. The reason it loses 2 ratings is because it is not a cruelty free brand and the actual liner kept snapping off. To resolve this I did leave it in the fridge but it was a little annoying. The liner lasts really well on the lips and is not drying at all.

Skinstitut Products
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
About two years ago I was assigned a skincare regime which consisted of all Skinstitut products. Back then my skin type was more on the oily acne-prone side and now my skin is on the dryer side with a lot less acne. Here I have used up the Enzymatic Micro Peel, Retinol Serum and their normal Moisturiser. I feel like these products don't work as well as they used to for me. I went back to the skin clinic and spoke to them about how I felt like these products were either burning my skin (I am very sensitive to facial moisturisers lately) or drying out my skin. The reasoning is because my skin has changed and I don't really need those products no more.

I still give these products a 4/5 rating as they worked AMAZINGLY back in the day. They really helped my pimples to dry up and go away so fast. I recommend these products if you have oily, combination or normal skin. The moisturiser is also good for dry skin and absorbs really fast. I have no complaints however my skin has been playing up so I cannot use this no more.

Desert Essence 100% Pure Jojoba Oil
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
This stuff is amazeballs for dry, dehydrated, sensitive skin! This was the only "moisturiser" I could use on my face for months that didn't irritate it. Jojoba oil also has heaps of benefits for your hair, not only your skin. I highly highly recommend this product!
I now alternate between this and rosehip oil because both work so well for me.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula - Creamy Cleanser & Makeup Remover
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
This was my go-to shower cleanser. It really is a creamy cleanser that removes makeup. This product always left my skin feeling soft and hydrated. There is nothing negative I can say about this cleanser and I think it would work for any skin type. I will most likely repurchase this one day once I use up other cleansers I have.

Jurlique - Nutri Define Facial Serum
To be completely honest I cannot give this product a rating because I didn't actually use it. I mean I did try twice but I could not get over the scent. I have no idea how well this works so you will have to look up reviews if you're interested. It is supposed to be anti-aging and has a lot of other benefits but the smell was so overpowering that I just couldn't deal with it.

Avalon Organics - Lavender Luminosity Daily Moisturiser
❤ ❤ ❤
This product is actually two years old. It was my moisturiser before I was put onto the Skinstitut products so I ended up putting a stop to using this. I remember it being a good basic moisturiser however it is now out of date so I didn't really want to put it on my face and continue to use it. I will have to repurchase a new tub and see how it goes.

L'Oreal Infallible 24H-Matte Foundation
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
I am actually upset/mad that this product has been used up. I won't be repurchasing it as I've decided not to support brands that test on animals anymore but this is such an amazing full coverage foundation. I really need to find a cruelty free alternative!

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Why do good things have to be so damn expensive? This primer smooths texture like no other and it creates a flawless base to apply makeup to. I would purchase the full size but I'm not ready to spend that much on a primer so I just pick up samples whenever I can lol. If you have the budget you NEED this in your life! 

Sephora Honey Mask
❤ ❤ ❤
This was one of those last minute buys just to get my total over a certain amount to receive a freebie purchase. I love honey. I love eating it, drinking it, smothering it all other my face and fun fact, my grandfather actually has bee hives and makes honey so I always have a never-ending supply. Anyway, back to the product, I love honey masks because they're antibacterial and have healing properties. I slept in this mask a few times and it was good but it wasn't great. It did give my skin an extra glow when I woke up but for some reason it just didn't amaze me. I feel like 100% natural honey on your face works so much better.

Andalou Naturals - Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Now this is a mask that WOWED me. I will link the post where this mask features because I don't want to be repetitive about my love for this. Click here if you're interested in hearing all about my love affair and why it is so so good. Already repurchased this!

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula - Ultra Gentle Facial Cleansing Oil
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
This was the first cleansing oil I ever tried and it has taken over my obsession with micellar water. It is so gentle and does not leave my skin feeling dry like some other makeup removers can. It does leave a slight oily residue so you do need to follow up with an additional cleanser but it works so well and melting off all your makeup. A+ for dry skin types, will be repurchasing!

Garnier Pure Active Micellar Cleansing Water
Speaking of makeup removers that leave my skin feeling tight and dry, this one did that. I only gave it a 1/5 rating because it did remove my makeup but my skin was never happy afterwards. This is mainly my fault because this formula is for oily skin types and I am not oily whatsoever. If you have oily skin then disregard anything I say as you will probably love this! 

LUSH - Ultrabland Facial Cleanser
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Again, I don't want to go on too much about this as I recently wrote a review all about this so I will link it here. But I do love this cleanser and I will be repurchasing it.

Daiso - Puff and Sponge Cleaner
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
If you need an affordable cleanser for your makeup brushes or sponges then look no further. Here is some photographic evidence of the amazingness this cleanser does:
In saying that its nothing dishwashing liquid or a bar of soap can't do so its really up to you if you want to buy a product for your cleaning or use what you already have.

Bioderma Micellar Water
❤ ❤
This works just as well as any other micellar water that I have tried. I won't be purchasing it because it is on the pricey side and is not cruelty free.

L'Oreal Nude Magique Foundation
❤ ❤ 
I've always had a love-hate with this foundation. Some days I really like how it sits on my skin and other days it clings to every dry patch I didn't even know I had. It is a very lightweight and liquidy foundation that can be built up to a medium coverage. If you have a lot of dry patches I would steer clear otherwise it would probably work for anyone.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
❤ ❤  ❤
Really good concealer, it has good coverage, isn't cakey if you build it up and it is hydrating. Unfortunately I have to say goodbye to Maybelline until they 100% say goodbye to animal testing.

Nude by Nature - Translucent Powder
❤ ❤  ❤ ❤
Love this stuff! It makes an amazing setting powder that doesn't emphasise dry patches and it doesn't cause any flash back if you use it to "bake". If you can't find the Face of Australia Translucent Powder definitely get this one!

Australis -  Mascara
❤ ❤  ❤
I just realised Australis don't sell this mascara no more and I threw it out so I can't even remember the name. I liked this mascara for an every day natural look to my lashes but its off the market now haha. I do remember that it was a lengthening mascara so they may have an equivalent.

The post is finally over. That is all my empties that I gathered and I feel like this time around I either loved the products or did not like them. I just want to throw it out there that if something didn't work for me then it may work for you because everyone's skin type is different. I hope you enjoyed this post and if you actually got this far congratulations. Let me know if you read the entire thing!

My next empties will most likely feature a lot of makeup because I am using up any products that aren't cruelty free at the moment. Have a lovely week and thank you for reading.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9