Trash Talk #8

| On
7:11 pm
I have collected a lot of trash in between March and now. It is good to see I am completing a lot of products, especially makeup now that I am undertaking a no-buy. Let's jump in since it is another long blog post about trash.
Since it is another long one I will include a contents list so if you're only interested in specific products you can ctrl-f and search for them without having to scroll.

  • Teami Green Tea Detox Mask
  • Queen Helene Julep Masque
  • Kopari Beauty Coconut Crush Scrub
  • Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Face Wash for Acne
  • Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation in Warm Peach
  • Beenigma All in One Face Cream
  • Australis Primer (original)
  • Inika Long Lash Mascara
  • Ultrabland facial cleanser
  • Freeze Frame Lip Injection
  • Lash Prescription
  • Antipodes Skin Brightening Serum
  • NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream
  • Sierra Bees Lip Balm
  • Body Crystal Roll On Deodorant
  • La Mav Gradual Tanning Moisturiser
  • The Body Shop Fiji Green Tea Body Butter
  • NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder
  • Boho Balm
  • Wedderspoon Raw Manuka Honey
  • Inika Organic BB Cream
  • Brite Organix Hair Masque
  • Colourpop Ultra Glossy Lip
  • Josie Maran Argan Oil
  • Adorn Cosmetic Hydrating Cream
  • Antipodes Immortal SPF 15 Moisturiser
  • Weleda Sports Shower Gel
  • Kate Somerville ExfoliKate
  • CROP Natural Liquid Foundation


This was a gift from one of my pals and I am very grateful I got to experience this mask. I love green tea and I love masks so it was a perfect duo. I never really know how to review masks because companies claim they will banish acne or clear your skin but that doesn't happen for me do to my situation. I will say that it did leave my skin feeling clean and detoxed and was a joy to use. I can't tell you if it reduces my amount of breakouts because they pop up for different reasons but it definitely reduced the size of any current ones I had. Overall, I definitely would recommend this mask if you're into detox clay masks that you don't need to make up yourself. All you need is clean fingertips, a clean face, apply and sip on tea 👌

Another green mask for you all. After using this mask I can see why they recommend it more for oily skin. Although they do include acne prone in the recommendation. It was a little more drying than the previous mask so I only used this one on my actual pimples. For me, using it all over would dehydrate my skin and I didn't want to create more problems. I wouldn't repurchase only because it doesn't suit my skin type.

Firstly, this was sent to me by the company and I wouldn't repurchase it due to the price and the fact that I usually exfoliate with a mitt over a product. BUT, if you enjoy actual scrubs then this is a good one. It smells good and left my body hydrated because of the coconut oil which was great because I'm bad at moisturising my body after showers. I did enjoy using it but I am also happy sticking with my exfoliating mitt for now.

Another great product if you have oily skin. I didn't use this on my face because it was too drying but I used it on my chest and back if those areas ever were congested and broke out. It worked well and I am unsure if I would repurchase. If I had an issue with chest or back acne then I would like to have it handy in the shower but for the time being, I don't have a purpose to repurchase. It is a good, affordable tea tree wash.

I really loved this powder, more than any other mineral powder I have tried. If you keep up with my project pan you would have known this was going to be included in my trash talk and you'd also know it is the last loose powder in my collection (that is my current shade). I am thinking that I will keep the packaging and source another brand that sells refills rather than repurchase this and create more waste with another plastic case. I still definitely recommend this powder 1000%.

P.S. I love this powder because of its minimal ingredient list and it being natural. It is also 10g for $29 which is super affordable considering other powders tend to come with fewer grams but cost more. If I cannot find a refill alternative that has a short, natural or organic ingredient list then I would buy this again.

A super luxurious face cream. When I put this on my skin I could tell it has good ingredients just by the way it felt, smelt and absorbed into the skin. It was a really good cream that worked amazingly with my drier skin but could easily work well with any skin type. Another bonus is that it comes in a glass jar (luxe I know) so it can be recycled or repurposed!

A great staple primer. If I wasn't making the switch to greener brands and products I would repurchase this. I've gone through multiples and it is just a really nice base for any foundation. It doesn't clog pores, it is hydrating but not greasy and becomes sort of tacky so makeup stays on your skin.

My current all-time favourite mascara, clean or conventional. It is lengthening, voluminising and just amazing!! At the start, it is a bit of a wet formula which could result in clumping but after a few uses, it was perfect. I could definitely see myself repurchase this when I run out of my only current mascara. Whenever I wore this my lashes touched my eyebrows and I never had to reach for falsies (although I rarely wear them anyway).

Back in the day, I dedicated an entire post to this product and to this day it is still my most popular posts (or at least one of them). My opinion has changed after repurchasing it and trying it a second time. It was a little too balmy and thick for my skin and the only way I could remove it and remove my makeup properly was to use a towel and kind of scrape it off. Due to this I wouldn't buy it again and have opted for Olive Oil as my makeup remover instead.

Fuller and smoother lips without a needle? This will be your friend! If you want to add a noticeable plumping appearance to your lips but not make them 2 times bigger than they are then this is a great product. I am not sure if the ingredients stimulate your lips resulting in blood coming to the surface and that is why they look more full but it does work. It won't be noticeable like lip injections are, obviously because there is no product going inside your lips but it is a pain-free alternative to enhance your natural lips a little. They include a pretty funny comparison on their site which makes it look like this product literally gives you a new set of lips so don't be fooled by that. It still definitely works and will make a noticeable difference but not anything dramatic like the image below shows (taken from their website). 

I naturally have pretty long lashes but this product still made them appear longer or at least more full. I think if you have short lashes you'd see more of a result and enjoy this product. Personally, I think my natural lashes are fine exactly how they are so I don't see a need to repurchase or use a lash serum.

I have an entire post dedicated to this so I won't go into it. Especially since it is also my second bottle and I love it!! I share a before and after in this post so you can see how this product works with reducing acne scarring.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams in Tokyo & Instanbul
I love this formula from NYX. They're probably my all time favourite lip formula and it will be something I will search throughout my transition to non-toxic beauty. It is matte but mousse-like, creamy and just amazing. It also smells soo good. They have a lot of shades in the range and I definitely recommend them as they're cruelty-free, affordable and just all round good lip products for every day or even a night out. 

My favourite shades are Instanbul (pink) and Stockholm (nude).

Affordable as comes in a pack of 8 for $5.38, organic, moisturising, fabulous formula and smells amazing, there is nothing more you could ask for with this lip balm. I love it and highly recommend it!

A healthier alternative to your typical deodorants and affordable. I have been using this deodorant ever since I begun having to use deodorant. I've never experienced a conventional one so I can't compare if this performs the same but it always worked so well I never felt the need to use a toxic one. I am currently using one from WooHoo Body so I don't need to repurchase for the time being but I probably would in the future. Especially since it is sold at Woolworths so it is accessible and it really works well.
Here is a little more about it: "The Body Crystal deodorant's special crystal mineral salt composition helps eliminate odour caused by bacteria, leaving you naturally fresh all day."
  • Natural mineral salts
  • Sensitive skin friendly
  • Alcohol free
  • Not tested on animals
Compared to other non-toxic gradual tanners this doesn't contain coconut oil which I was happy about! Coconut oil tends to break my chest, neck and back area out for some reason but not my legs or arms? I only had a sample so I applied it once and it actually made a difference to my skin tone which wasn't expected. I have it in the shade light and it helped match my chest and neck to the rest of my body (those areas are naturally lighter thanks to living in turtlenecks. When I finish off a few other samples and green beauty tans I think I would purchase the full size of this. I applied it with a tanning mitt just in case it stained my hands and the mitt helped spread it evenly anyway. I really liked this moisturising tan and I'm curious to see how the medium shade works in comparison.

A green tea lovers dream cream. This smelt amazing every time I opened it or whenever I applied it. It provided my skin with hydration without leaving a tacky residue afterwards. I am definitely a fan of The Body Shop's body butters.

I've included this not because I used up the whole thing but because it is pretty old. It was my first ever eyebrow and makeup product. I hit pan on both the shades and have pretty large dips so I thought it was time to let it go. It is my favourite eyebrow product to use as it always looks natural and lasts all day. Highly recommend if you're after an affordable but good brow powder.

You all probably know about my love for this product. I have a post all about it so I won't go into detail here. But it is my favourite multi-purpose balm that I have ever tried and I already have back up's. After using up the entire tub I love it even more than I did at the beginning. I literally used it for everything you could think of from my feet to my face and it lives on my bedside table.

Some of you may be wondering why honey is in my empties. I actually used this as a face wash and mask. It was recommended to me by my naturopath as manuka honey has a lot of benefits for the skin. When it comes back in stock I need to repurchase it as I think it is a staple for my skincare routine. Especially for those of us that have active acne!!

One of the first organic base products I tried. Don't let the name BB cream fool you, it offered a lot of coverage for its sheer claims. This BB cream has a very thin formula and dried down a little more matte than glowy in my experience. I liked it but I didn't end up loving it. I think when my skin clears up and has less dry patches/texture I will try it out again.  After reading a few other reviews I think it is a little better suited to those with combination or oily skin so that may be why I didn't fall in love with it.

I used up the dry hair one (mango) and strengthening hair one (tea tree & mint) this time around. This mask is often in my trash talks so I won't say much but they are really great ready-made masks. I am able to get around 4 uses out of the packets which is amazing as they are budget-friendly and natural.

Colourpop Ultra Glossy Lip in Weho
Uhh, I don't know why Colourpop got rid of this shade because it is such a gorgeous nude!! It is on the browner side which I enjoyed and I also liked the formula. It was in the cream range so I'd recommend any other shades too.

I feel like Argan Oil is Argan Oil. You don't have to spend $70 for 50ml. You could easily find the same thing on iHerb and it would work the same. Argan Oil has multiple uses and benefits but I personally prefer Rosehip or Jojoba. If you don't like those then definitely try this out (just not this ridiculously expensive one!)

If you're not going to wear foundation for long periods of time then this is a great option. I really enjoyed the product and it sat nicely on my dry, textured skin. I would consider repurchasing it as it really was a lovely product to use.

This was one product from Antipodes that didn't blow me away. For some reason it made my face itch so I put off using it. Although it didn't break me out in any way or even give me a rash so maybe an ingredient just caused me to itch? I did use half the tube and it was a good moisturiser but didn't pair well with makeup, in my experience. Probably would not purchase this due to the itching sensation.

I would recommend this to anyone that works out a lot, is very active or plays a sport. It gives off a nice clean scent. Even if you like the scent of rosemary and lavender I still recommend it for you. At $14.36 for 200ml it is a really good shower gel! 

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate
This was a nice exfoliator but I wouldn't spend $124 on it. Mainly because the ingredients aren't natural or organic so why spend that much on a mix of chemicals?! I don't have any amazing things to say about it and I can't say it's worth the price tag. It worked just as well as my Palmer's exfoliator which is a lot more affordable and natural.

CROP Natural Liquid Foundation
Finally at the end of another long trash talk. I believe this product is discontinued so I can't link it or recommend it if I wanted to. The foundation offered light-medium coverage and applied best with a sponge. It wasn't my favourite because of the pink undertone and coverage but it was ok. I am sure there are a lot of other amazing natural foundations out there just waiting for me to test out and review.

That's all I have for you today! I really need to make regular Trash Talks to prevent them from being so long but I hope the contents list was helpful and you still enjoyed my post. Thank you for reading and I'll check in next week!


Disclaimer: I always ensure to recycle or repurpose what I can and I am mindful of the waste I am creating. These products are already in my collection and when I make new purchases I consider the packaging to reduce my footprint.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9