Boho Balm - A Short & Sweet Review

| On
8:39 pm
Boho Balm is a new Australian brand that I had not heard of before kindly receiving a PR package containing their product.
So, what is Boho Balm?
Boho Balm is a 100% natural balm - no parabens, synthetic fragrances or petroleum based ingredients. Made with Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Australian Beeswax and Honey, this product smells good enough to eat. 
Being 100% Australian made and owned and all natural of course I would jump on the bandwagon to try this possible skin saviour out! Once I received it I immediately checked out their website and Instagram to find out as much as I could about the product. Based off my findings I learnt that BOHO actually stands for the products that are put into this balm - B: beeswax, O: olive oil, H: honey and O: coconut oil. If you jump on over to their website here and click on FAQ you will be able to read all about why they selected those four ingredients to use in their balm.


What can it be used for?
This multipurpose balm can be used as a lip balm, cuticle cream, applied on insect bites, scratches, grazes, mild abrasions, dry skin, skin irritations, cracked heels etc.

The purposes of this balm is very similar to Lucas Paw Paw ointment which is one of my all time favourite products however this contains more natural ingredients. It is the healthy sister of it!

Positives

  • Packaging - the packaging is pretty and sleek. It appears to be a two in one sort of concept as the actual balm is housed in a silver casing which is then surrounded by a clear plastic casing. On the lid is the brands logo which I find to be very appealing to the eye. The lid can also act as a mirror as the silver creates a reflection.
  • Ingredients - the biggest positive of them all! Some of you may or may not be aware but for the past two months I have been using natural ingredients such as honey and coconut oil to wash my face. Honey has amazing antibacterial properties and coconut oil is very hydrating so it only makes sense to include these two ingredients into a balm.
  • Australian Owned & Made - it is always nice to support local companies
  • Cost - usually products that are natural cost a little more although I think the prices are very cost effective for the sizes and benefits.
    The prices are: 5ml $8.95, 15ml $14.95 and 30ml $24.95
  • Scent - when they say it smells good enough to eat they aren't lying. This balm smells so so good. It has a sweet scent and you are able to smell every single ingredient that is contained within it.
  • Moisturising - the four ingredients included makes moisturisation a given. I used it as a lip balm on its own as well as under lipsticks and it worked wonders. If you are a liquid lipstick lover you can apply this product thinly on your lips and it will prevent them from feeling tight and dry!
    Another purpose for this balm that intrigued me was that you could apply it on cracked heels. I don't personally have cracked heels but they are a little dry so before bed I applied this balm on those areas.
    I have also used this on small hair curler burns and grazes and it helps moisturise the areas really well preventing them to turn crusty.
  • Thin consistency and not sticky
  • Versatile - you can literally use this for anything and everything! It makes life so much easier when you have a cuticle cream, lip balm and so many more uses all in one compact product. I leave this beside my bed and it has become part of my nighttime routine helping me cut out other individual products.

Negatives
  • The biggest downfall is that the site does not offer images of the different sizes you can purchase. I guess you can estimate roughly how much product you would receive but it is always nice to be able to see what you are buying. Hopefully this review and their Instragram feed gives you an idea of how the product looks!
  • Packaging - again as I am unsure of the size I own this packaging is a little bulky for your handbag or to travel with. This only poses as a negative if I own the 5ml balm which is the smallest size they sell however from what I have read on their site and by eye I assume my pot is either 15ml or 30ml. (Maths is clearly not my strength lol)
  • No international shipping - This is still a small new company so I completely understand why they do not ship internationally so this really isn't a major negative. If you live in Australia and love Lucas Paw Paw Ointment definitely try this balm out!

The bottom line...
I really like this product. It is a very similar yet 100% natural concept to the Lucas Paw Paw Ointment. I can see myself reaching for this balm every night before bed to use as a lip balm as well as daily under my beloved matte lips. Based off the ingredients I really think it would work well with combating any dry patches you may have as coconut oil is super hydrating! If you're an Australian resident check out this brand.

Social Media Links
Instragram @bohobalm

P.S. It has my dog's sniff of approaval

Disclaimer: this product was sent to me however all opinions are 100% honest and based off my own experience with the product. I would like to thank Ruby Agency for giving me the opportunity to discover and try out this balm!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9