MAC Burgundy Times Nine

| On
5:58 pm
My birthday just passed so I had a voucher and money to spend. Naturally I decided to pick up a new makeup product that I wouldn't splurge on if I didn't have a voucher. I decided to pick up the MAC Burgundy Times Nine palette that a lot of people were raving about a few months back.

I don't own many eyeshadow palettes however the ones I do own are all neutral brown/gold shades so I decided to pick something a little bit different.

This palette as the name suggests contains 9 warm toned/burgundy shades that are a mixture of lusture, satin, matte, velvet and veluxe pearl finishes.

Here is an overview of the palette 

Price: $65
Making each individual shadow cost roughly $7.22 each.
Packaging: I love that the top is clear so you can see the colours. It also closes magnetically ensuring the shadows inside are well protected. The plastic casing feels sturdy and durable.

Now for a close up of the shades 

Honey Lust
"Bronze dipped in peach"
I used this shade today all over my lid and it was not as pigmented as I thought. It adds more of a shimmer to the lid rather than colour pigmentation. When I applied it wet it did intensify it more.

Poppyseed
"Midtone mauvey nude"

Quarry
"Soft muted plum brown"
Also used this shade today as my transition shade. It blended really easily.

Antiqued
"Ash brown with bronze"
This type of colour will really enhance blue eyes!

Embark
"Intense reddish brown"
I don't own any warmer dark brown shades. I will definitely be using this to either line my lash line or darken my outer v.

#Noir
"Deep black brown with gold pearls"

Haux
"Soft muted rosy brown"
This is the perfect shade to also use in the crease, which I did today.

Star Violet
"Pinky brown plum"

Sketch
"Burgundy with red shimmer"
I used this shade on my outer V today lightly and it added the perfect amount of dimension without being too dark for day time wear. Love this shade already!

Overall I think you could come up with numerous colour combinations using these shades to make your eye makeup suitable for day or night. All shades feel buttery and blend easily. They lasted 9 hours on my eyelids without fading, no eye primer was used. I can already tell this palette will be receiving a lot of love.
 


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9