Makeup I take travelling + tips

| On
6:06 pm








It's the time of the year when I always go away for the summer and I'm faced with the challenging task of picking what makeup I need with me. 99% of the time I bring way too much and barely wear any of it. I've created a technique that helps me to hopefully not overpack and it might help you too!

The technique I generally stick to is by beginning with what I first apply up until the very last product I apply. I also take products I know work for me, I don't think of travelling as a time to try out new products.

In saying that lets talk base. This year I will be taking:
  • Australis The Original Primer - this primer is hydrating and helps keep my makeup on.
  • Garnier BB Cream - I have acne scarring and I like to wear this at the beach to give me a little coverage and extra sun protection
  • Revlon Colorstay Foundation #200 NUDE -  for when I'm paler
  • Covergirl 3in1 #842 - when I get a tan
  • Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in the shade 20 - my go to concealer for blemishes and undereyes
  • Face of Australia Translucent Powder - I always "bake" my undereyes with this. It's the only product that prevents them from creasing or looking cakey so it is a must!
  • MAC Studio Fix Powder NC30 - this is a double purpose product as I can either wear it alone or to set my foundation
  • ELF Blush and Bronzer Duo in St Lucia - Instead of carrying a blush and a bronzer separately I'm opting for a duo. It is much more practical to bring either multipurpose products or two in one products since it will lighten your makeup load.
  • NARS Albatross Highligher - my all time favourite highlight. You can adjust how intense you want it depending on how much you apply.
For the eyes and brows I have really cut back because I know I don't really wear a lot of eyeshadow on vacation plus I can survive with one brow product.
  • Chi Chi Brown Pomade - I need something waterproof that will last because I was not blessed with full brows
  • Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette - it has every shade of eyeshadow I will ever need in one place. I can do natural day looks or a smokey eye.
  • L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara and Maybelline Great Lash - Telescopic is for every day wear and Great Lash is waterproof. You always need a waterproof mascara for the warmer weather and especially if you're going to spend a lot of your holiday outdoors at the beach!
Last up is lips, my downfall where I bring my whole collection lol. To be completely honest I'm not sure what I will be taking 100% because I usually add or change it up last minute. For the moment I have decided to bring

  • Colorpop Ultra Matte Lips in Midi and Clueless
  • Australis Velourlips in MI-A-MEE
  • MAC Please Me
  • Gerard Cosmetics Vintage Rose
  • Maybelline Lust For Blush
This list will definitely be expanding because lip products are my obsession. Personally I find matte lipsticks and liquid lipsticks to be the most long lasting products in the heat so they are my mains.

That concludes what will be coming away with me next week, I will still continue to post every Sunday :)
I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9