Brand of the week: Maybelline

| On
5:56 pm


Sunday marks a new week so here's my next featured brand! One of my all time favourite brands whether it be high-end or drugstore is Maybelline. I have so many Maybelline products in my makeup collection so here is a full review on each item I own, including swatches.

Eyes
Master Precise Liquid Liner
I love the applicator and how easy to use this liner is. This is the best liquid liner I have ever tried however it smudges on me. This usually happens after 4 hours of wear so I can get away with it looking perfect for a short amount of time.

Brow drama
This is a newer product for me. I picked it up when Priceline had their 40% off cosmetics sale. Between now and then I have used it three times and I am liking it so far. Benefit gimme brow is my all time favourite however since going blonde its been too dark for me. Hopefully this lives up to it and I will let you all know after I try it out some more. 

Master Shape eyebrow pencil
I love using this pencil when I want to quickly draw on my eyebrows and thats it. For me this was a one step brow product that was quick and easy to use as it has the pencil on one side and brush (spoolie) on the other end. The only downfall with this product is that it is really creamy so you use it up fast. Other than that the staying power and shade of it is perfect.

Eyestudio quad Copper Chic
These shadows are very pigmented and super blendable. Maybelline make some of the best shimmery shadows I have tried from the drugstore, plus these shades help make blue eyes pop! The only downfall is that there are no matte shades within the quad.

Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara
When I first got this mascara I loved it. It gives a lot of length and separates your lashes leaving them clump free. I don't really reach for this mascara no more as I have others I prefer. If you prefer length over volume I suggest this one.

The Falsies Waterproof Mascara
After falling in love with the original one I thought this would be a great mascara to get in the waterproof version so I can wear it at the beach. I have blonde eyelashes and sometimes at the beach if I want to look a bit more put together I will apply this. This is usually the only mascara I will use in Summer when I go away because it lasts all day and does not smudge.

Great Lash Mascara
Another new purchase. I have blue eyes and wanted a basic brown mascara. At the Priceline sale this is the only one I could find at my store so I picked it up, knowing shaaanxo loves it. So far I have been loving this mascara for my bottom lashes. I never used to put mascara on my bottom lashes and I find black is too harsh for me and usually flakes but this makes them look natural and doe
s not smudge at all. I have this in the waterproof version. This will most likely be coming with me this Summer!

Eyestudio Gel Liner
Unlike the liquid liner Maybelline's gel liner lasts longer on me without smudging. When I wear it I do experience some transfer to my bottom lash line, no idea how, however this is after 7 or so hours. Out of all eyeliners I own this is my favourite! 

Color Tattoo - barely branded
I use this as a base for all light shimmery eyeshadows. It makes the colour much brighter and last a lot longer. The only negative I find is that whenever I try wearing it alone it creases on my eyelids.
top swatch: color tattoo. Bottom 4 swatches: copper chic

Lips
 L-R: peach, cherry, mixed berry, blush essence, vibrant mandarin, vivid rose, lust for blush, petal rebel, mat7 and nude perfection
Bold Matte lipstick Mat7 Nude
This is my favourite nude lipstick I own! It is comfortable to wear and has good lasting power. It is not a drying matte at all and does not emphasise dry lips whatsoever. Whenever I wear it people ask me what lipstick I am wearing and I always recommend it to people that are looking for a nude lipstick.

Colorwhisper Petal Rebel and Lust For Blush
By the end of this section of the review you will have noticed that Maybelline lip products are my absolute favourite and I could not say enough good things about them.
Like every other lip product I own I love these as well. They provide a sheer wash of colour that is still opaque enough to be noticed. Lust for blush is a natural 'my lips but better' shade that I've almost used up completely because its my go-to when I want something simple on my lips.
Petal Rebel is a soft bright pink shade and I love wearing it in Summer when I have a tan. It is an easy colour to wear that you can apply without a mirror because you'll know its going to look good. Compared to the other lipsticks these lean towards a balm for me because they are so moisturising.

Colorsensational Vibrant Mandarin and Vivid Rose
These are the only two bright lip colours I own in my lipstick collection because Maybelline knocked it out of the park with these! They are very long wearing and after the glossy finish wears off it leaves a stain on the lips that lasts through eating and drinking.

The Elixir Blush Essence
I'm not a lipgloss wearer but this is one I do reach for. It isn't too sticky like some glosses can be. It's the perfect every day colour and very comfortable to wear.

Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil Nude Perfection
Love, love, love this. This lip pencil is not dryer whatsoever even though it is a matte finish. The colour is so similar to velvet teddy however I prefer this over velvet teddy (MAC lipstick for those of you who may not know, however everyone and their mum has heard of it!). It doesn't settle into any of the lines in my lips and doesn't emphasise dryness. I don't know why I still only own one of these.

Baby Lips*
Candy Wow: peach, cherry & mixed berry*
My favourite shade of these three is peach. In the swatch above you will notice it is a soft light pink shade. They are moisturising and really easy to use as they are in a stick form. I like to keep them in my pencil case and handbag!

SPF 20 Lip Balm: lychee addict, anti-oxidant berry & mango pie*
4 years ago I used to be OBSESSED with these. They were my go-to lip balms. I am waiting to use up my other lip balms before opening these and falling back in love.

Electro Pop: berry bomb, pink shock & oh! Orange!*
I have not opened or tried these yet.

Color Lip Balm: berry crush, rose addict, pink lolita & cherry kiss*
I have not opened or tried these yet.

Face

Fit Me Foundation
I have this in the original formula. I love using this foundation to mix with my matte foundations to change the finish. When I wear it on its own it is too dewy for me (personal preference) and I find it can oxidise. It provides a medium coverage which can be built up. If applied with a beauty sponge it gives a more sheer we coverage.
Fit Me Concealer
This is my holy grail concealer! On my "no-makeup makeup" days I apply this all over my face and it provides the perfect amount of coverage without looking cakey. It covers any blemishes as well as my dark circles. Although I find that if I do not set this concealer under my eyes it will crease on me. I am on my 4th tube and loving it.
Instant Age Rewind Eraser
I've used up one of these so far and I really like layering it with another concealer for my undereyes. The shade I got looks too white under my eyes on its own so I pair it with my fit me concealer. My mum loves this concealer, she's on her 3rd or 4th one. Shoutout to her because she reads these posts lol.

Fit Me Shine Free Foundation
Unlike any other product I've owned this one did nothing but disappoint me. Unfortunately this did not sit well on my skin and looked really cakey no matter how I applied it or how long I buffed it in for. I really like the quick and compact idea they had for it because it is an ideal product to quickly apply and go however this was a miss for me. I'm using this up because I refuse to throw it out. As you can see in the picture it's almost finished 🙌

Fit Me Powder
I haven't used this powder in so long but I have used up two whole ones. Two years ago and last year it was my holy grail powder. Now I leave it in my bag to touch up however my skin has become dryer lately due to treatments so I don't reach for a powder too often. If you apply it with the puff it comes with it adds extra coverage however if you use a large powder brush it sets your makeup without looking cakey and I don't find it adds any coverage this way. It has fine glitter particles throughout it however I have not found this to transfer onto my face resulting in me looking like a fairy princess. I think I am going to take it out of my bag and start using it again to set my foundation.

What I have previously owned:
Colossal Cat Eye Mascara
This was my go-to mascara when I didn't want to curl my lashes. It has a scooped wand that helps lift and curl the lashes however it was not a long wearing mascara. It did start to flake on me and smudge towards the end of the day.
SuperStay Concealer
This was one of my first ever concealers years ago and I went through three tubes of it. I really loved it to cover blemishes however I converted and fell in love with the fit me concealer now. It was a fast drying concealer.
One by One Mascara
When I was in highschool this was my holy grail mascara. It added enough definition to my lashes that I was able to get away with wearing it at school. It separated and lengthened them rather than giving them volume.
Regular The Falsies Mascara
A really good basic mascara for volume and length. I enjoyed using this mascara and have repurchased it in the waterproof version.
Dream Smooth Primer
The first primer I ever owned. Back then I didn't notice the purpose or difference primer made so I don't really remember how well it worked for me.

Disclaimer: items marked with a * were sent to me as I won a competition. All opinions are my own as always.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9