Mascara Collection Reviewed

| On
6:01 pm
The past two weeks I've been working every day for 6 hours so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try out all my mascaras and see how they performed. I've included photos of my natural lashes, once the mascara has been applied as well as how it looks at the end of the day because who doesn't love a good before and after photo!


First up, Chi Chi 3D Magic Lash.
I accidentally took a photo of my other eye for my before photo, oopsy daisy, you can use the following before photos to compare though. This is one of my newer mascaras and it has quickly become one of my favourites. As you can see from when I first applied it till 6+ hours later it still looks pretty identical. There is no flaking and my lashes are still curled.


Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless
Another one of my favourite mascaras for length. After some time I do find this one can flakes which you can slightly see. Every after photo (third photo in collage) have been taken roughly after 6-8 hours of wearing it. It also wears off after some time unlike the Chi Chi mascara.


Maybelline Illegal Lengths
Compared to the previous two mascaras you will notice in the third photo that the mascara has worn off and there is a lot less length to my lashes. I enjoy using this mascara to lengthen my lashes for short periods of time. The fibres add a lot of length to my lashes and when I look up my lashes reach my eyebrows. I did not find this to transfer even though it does have fibres.


Benefit They're Real
I have only had a sample of this mascara and when I first apply it I really love the look it gives my lashes. After time passes I feel like it doesn't look as good as it first did. I also don't find any trouble removing it at all like some people have found.
This mascara did not transfer throughout the day.


Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara
I got this mascara to use as my every day mascara however I accidentally bought the waterproof version. Unfortunately whenever I've used this mascara I lose eyelashes when I'm removing it. Being waterproof is most likely the reason behind this although I do enjoy using it on my bottom lashes as it doesn't transfer and looks natural. I never wear mascara on my lower lashes however having this in brown is a lot more forgiving for my eye and skin colour.


L'Oreal Telescopic
This is my second tube of L'Oreal's Telescopic and repurchasing the same mascara isn't something I usually do. When I first got it I really struggled to get used to the barely there wand but it's become my holy grail. If you like the look of individual thin long lashes then this is the mascara for you.

It also works really well on lengthening the lower lashes. I haven't found this mascara to ever transfer or flake off and it holds the curl all day.

If you're used to a larger brush this may take a while to get used to. I hadn't used this mascara in months because I ran out so I didn't apply it the best I could have (which you'll notice in the after picture). The wand is also very flexible.


**BONUS MASCARA**
KIKO VolumEyes+
If you came from Instagram you would have seen I only put a picture of 6 wands. Somehow I forgot all about this mascara and almost didn't include it. Instead of leaving it out I thought I'd sneak it in here because it actually is one of my favourites.

I use this sparingly as I purchased it in Italy and don't want to waste it (can't repurchase it). Out of all my mascaras I love how this one makes my lashes look. I've never found it to clump even though the formula is on the dryer side. It sometimes does transfer but not very noticeable. I only notice when I look up close and thats only when I wear it for 7+ hours. If you're able to get your hands on this mascara I highly recommend you to check it out!

Final thoughts...

Out of all of my 7 mascaras that I put to the test Chi Chi 3D Magic Lash stood out the most and wins the prize. From beginning to end it held my curl, didn't lose any length nor did it flake off.

Hopefully this review of my little collection was helpful even though they're mostly lengthening mascaras. I did have three others I wanted to include but unfortunately they dried up and had to be thrown out. Thank you for reading and have a lovely night/day!




P.S. What is your favourite mascara?

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9