Quick & Easy Vegetarian Meal

| On
5:57 pm
Taking a turn this week and doing something health/food related. I am someone that hates cooking, I find it so time consuming and it gets messy but since going vegetarian I've felt more creative in the kitchen. One night I was home alone and had no idea what to make so I came up with today's concoction. Since going to the naturopath and learning half my plate for lunch/dinner has to be vegetables to ensure I am having enough nutrients in my diet I thought I'd combine my greens with my favourite food in the world (aside from pizza) - pasta!
This meal took me about 15 minutes to both prep and cook so it's great if you need a last minute dinner idea. You can alter this to whatever you have at home and to your own preferences. To make this meal vegan, substitute out the feta or you could change things up by having zucchini "pasta".

What you need:

  • Pasta (I used spaghetti)
  • Olive oil
  • Spinach (I used baby spinach)
  • Lemon juice
  • Broccoli
  • Chili flakes
  • Black pepper
  • Himalayan salt
  • Feta
  • Nutritional yeast seasoning
  • Garlic (I used this the second time around and it tastes better!)
  • Pumpkin (again this is optional, as with any other veggies you'd like to add)

What to do:
  1. Boil water in a pan with a pinch of salt. This is where you will cook the pasta.
  2. For the "dressing" you need another smaller pan where you will combine the spinach, broccoli (mine were leftovers so they were already boiled), feta, olive oil, salt, pepper and squeezed lemon juice. Let it simmer until the spinach is slightly cooked. Once this is done you can take it off the stove.
  3. When the pasta is cooked transfer it into your bowl (or bowls) and add the "dressing" on top.
  4. Now is when you can add any extras. I added chili flakes, more feta and my nutritional yeast dressing.
  5. That's it! Now you can eat and enjoy.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9