Test It Tuesday | ROMWE

| On
5:26 pm
Welcome to a new series I have come up with for my blog! Sporadically on Tuesdays I will be posting reviews of "controversial" products, sites or concepts. My usual posts will still be going up on Sundays so these posts will be a bonus surprise.
This weeks focus is ROMWE, an almost too affordable online clothing site that I always notice floating around as an ad. All clothes are designed and made in China and like I just mentioned, come with a very affordable price tag. I made an order to review their shipping, whether the items actually matched the picture and their quality - just in case you were thinking of placing an order, you can find out whether its worth it.

Sometimes when you see clothes or accessories at such a low price you question whether it is too good to be true. I picked up three clothing pieces (4 if you count the two piece as two items) from different categories. I will include an image from the site as well as a "real life" photo so you can see just how accurate they may or may not be.

$18.56 
(for the two piece)
True to image?
Yes - unless you want to be fussy and pick up on the neckline not being as scooped.

True to size?
Yes, but I do wish it came in an XS. I am 5 foot and generally a size 4 (US 0)/sometimes 6 and it was a little loose fitting as you can see in the image.

Quality?
I was super glad that this fabric is not see through, it is also pretty comfortable and lightweight for Summer.

Do I recommend it?
Yep! Their two pieces are up to date with fashion trends, affordable and super cute. Once I alter the top to properly fit my height I think it would be the perfect Spring/Summer outfit. I'd definitely pick up more two piece sets in the future.

$17.23
True to image?
Yes and no. In the image the fabric appears to be thicker and more like your traditional hoodie. However, the colour and actual look of it is the same.

True to size?
The site has measurements so you can base the sizes off that. I do think the size I purchased (M) does run small to your usual medium. I generally purchase smalls in jumpers and they're loose on me however this one is still loose but fits (despite it being a larger size).

Quality?
You can tell the material it is made from is quite cheap since it is pretty thin. It is perfect for warmer weather I just intended to wear it in Winter.

Do I recommend it?
If you want a thin hoodie for summer then yes. If you want an actual hoodie to keep you warm then no. I also suggest you size up.

$21.21
True to image?
Yes exactly!

True to size?
The measurements were pretty on point. I do wish they sold these in an XS though because they are a loose on me. The S would fit a size 6/small 8 however the belt allows me to tighten them to fit better (although I did have to create more holes to make it tighter). For reference I am a size 4 in bottoms because I have a small waist and since these are high waisted they sit loosely and fall down. They also aren't too short but this could be due to me being 5 foot and these already being too big for me, but they do sit well below my butt cheeks so if you're taller I believe these would still be ok.

Quality?
These denim shorts feel exactly like shorts I'd buy from Cotton On or any other store. It is actual denim, not the stretchy kind and I'm most impressed by these!!

Do I recommend it?
Yes!! In my next ROMWE order I'll definitely be picking up more denim.

Lastly my order arrived just under 2 weeks. I opted for the free shipping method and paid the $1 something in case my order was lost they would ship out another free of charge. I have read and seen that shipping took a month for others but I had no issues at all. I would personally order from this site again however, don't expect the quality to be amazing with every clothing piece as these are "cheap". There will be hits and misses, like my hoodie, but that is to be expected. Make sure you read all the info provided to see what the material is and for size references as they are very explicit in telling you all measurements. If you do that then you will have a lot more success with your purchases. Personally because I am (possibly) the tiniest adult on earth I will always go for a small because I know that is closest to a size 6. I will have to alter any pants, trousers, skirts or shorts I ever receive from them and really do wish they had smaller sizes. If you're not like me then they will most likely fit you better!!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9