Minimal Makeup, Full Coverage for dry flaky skin

| On
5:50 pm
If you are one of my Instagram followers then you would have seen on my story two weeks ago my fabulous peeling eyelids and eye bags. I would like to take a moment to thank winter, the wind and me running out of all my skincare products at the same time for this. Let me tell you, dry flaky skin and makeup are not a match made in heaven, they are the complete opposite. No matter what you do the pesky dry patches will always be on show and when it is your eye area it does look quite odd.
I have a very, and I mean super, basic makeup routine that I stuck to during my time of struggle which still covered my acne scarring, let my skin breathe and didn't enhance any dryness. This routine consists of 4 products but you can alter it and add depending on your skin. Mine was just really dry so I kept it as simple as possible.

The first step is either a primer, oil or moisturiser. With my skin I went with rosehip oil to prep and really hydrate my skin. To actually cover my scarring and even out my skin tone I used the best concealer ever for dryer skin types! The BareMinerals bareSkin complete coverage serum concealer. Anything that is a serum generally works well with my dryer skin so I knew this concealer wouldn't enhance it. I spot concealed only the reddened areas of my face completely leaving out the eye area. I had to rock my natural eye bags for a few days and let them be coated with coconut oil to fix the flaking. This concealer provides amazing coverage and I will include a photo so you can all actually see what I mean.
The last two products that I used were mascara and a brow product. Mascara helped to make my eyes look awake and bigger since I couldn't actually cover any of the skin surrounding it with makeup. I only applied mascara on my top lashes (which I normally do anyway because I hate bottom mascara on me). I filled in my brows lightly and the look is complete.

Again, I know this isn't much and I probably didn't have to write a routine on it but it could help out someone else struggling with extremely dry skin. If you have dry under eyes then I also recommend this concealer because it has a hydrating formula and won't turn cakey. I hope this was helpful and thank you for reading this weeks post!
1 comment on "Minimal Makeup, Full Coverage for dry flaky skin"
  1. keep inspiring people to try new collection of beauty products to get attractive charm

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9