Savvy Pefect Base Foundation | Review

| On
5:24 pm
I feel like there are always hidden gems in every store and in Priceline there is no exception. I was browsing the shelves for a new cruelty free foundation and came across a very affordable one by Savvy. I wasn't able to find any reviews and never hear anyone talking about this brand so I thought I'd take a chance and purchase it.
Savvy only offer two foundations in their range. The one I opted for is their Perfect Base Liquid Foundation ($8.99 AUD). The only information I could find on this foundation are the claims Priceline have to offer:
"A buildable medium coverage liquid foundation that's easy to blend creating a smooth and natural finish. Perfect for day and night, this foundation is truly the perfect base!"

Also, here is what the back of the bottle has to say + ingredients:
What made my purchase this foundation is number 1, the packaging. It reminds me a lot of the Nars All Day Luminous Weightless (I think that's what it's called?) foundation. I know that Nars foundation wouldn't work with my dryer skin type so I thought $9 is a lot more easier on the wallet if it doesn't work out. Second reason was the claims of a medium and natural finish. I have a lot of acne scarring but I am starting to lessen up the coverage lately and I also prefer a natural finish - dewy enhances my pimples and matte is just wayyyy too drying. Last but not least was the price point, I mean if this became my holy grail foundation I would be more than happy to go and repurchase it!

Shades
I wanted to get the biggest negative out of the way now. This foundation only comes in a variety of 6 shades. The lightest shade is not very light and the deepest shade isn't very deep. In saying this I don't think my Priceline had the lightest shade, Ivory, in stock. However, looking online it looks to be pink toned. I purchased the shade Fresh Beige which has a golden/orange undertone. It suits me perfectly during summer however is too dark for my winter skin tone. This can be fixed by mixing it with another (lighter) foundation such as the NYX total control drops (review here) or I could add a thin layer of fake tan.

I will add in an unedited image of the shade - Fresh Beige - the only editing was whitening the background so it would look more cohesive when posted to my Instagram or blog. The photo was taken with no flash in natural day light.

Review
Straight away I can agree with the natural finish and medium coverage claims. Although, to achieve a medium coverage I'd recommend you apply the foundation using a dense brush. You can really sheer this foundation out depending on how you apply it but if you do have problem areas it can be built up to a medium coverage. To classify as full coverage you would need to either use a lot of product or go in with a concealer, which is the easier alternative.

The finish is very skin-like, it is not drying whatsoever and isn't overly dewy. It sits very nicely on my skin and I don't find that I need to powder, although if I do it does take away some of the dewy look. If you have oily skin I would suggest a mattifying primer and powder to pair with the foundation.

In terms of creasing it does do it. It isn't as if the actual product settles into my lines making it look horrible, more so that my face looks naturally creased, mainly in my forehead because I make a lot of expressions and it doesn't really settle in smile lines at all. If that makes any sense? Since you cannot tell you are even wearing the foundation the "creases" look natural, not cakey or dry. Hopefully that makes some sense but this is only noticeable close up and you can always gently smooth the "creaseable" areas on your face with your finger.
I am able to wear this foundation for hours, even beyond 6 without it going cakey or fading. Usually foundations would start to look drying on my face however this one gives me the complete opposite, a nice natural glow.

Lastly, the foundation does not claim to have any SPF but does have titanium dioxide as an ingredient, this can cause a white cast in photos. I would mainly recommend this foundation for day-time use to be safe, also because it is very natural looking!

If you are able to find your shade I definitely suggest this foundation. For the price it works wonders and whenever I use it up I will jump at the opportunity to repurchase it. I am a little disappointed about the coverage however it doesn't claim to be full so this is my skin's fault not the foundations. If you don't have a lot of scarring (like me) then this would be the perfect amount of coverage. It honestly feels good on the skin, very comfortable and not tacky. I will be trying out a lot more from Savvy and get more reviews up for you all because I feel like no one ever mentions them!
1 comment on "Savvy Pefect Base Foundation | Review"

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9