Battle of the Powder Foundations

| On
5:15 pm
For the past two months I have dedicated myself to only wearing powder foundations. There are many benefits but my main reason was that I needed coverage while still letting my skin breathe. I alternated between three, two of which are natural however, all three are cruelty free. The powdery assortment included Nude by Nature, Antipodes and Australis.
The first powder foundation in the arena is one that I have actually used up completely and had to repurchase - Nude by Nature Mineral Cover ($39.95). This foundation provides any coverage you desire. When first applied it gives a sheer undetectable layer which can easily be built up to a medium or even *almost* full coverage.
To apply I used a Dusty Girl's kabuki brush which worked best when packing on the powder and buffing it into the skin. If you have dry patches, like me, then this is the only one I found to cling to them. This could be avoided by using a lot of moisturiser or a hydrating primer. It only clung to my dryness after a few hours of wear so this did not really bother me. In terms of lasting power (and this goes for all three) it lasted fine for 8+ hours and never felt heavy on the skin. This could be because my skin is on the dryer side.

Nude by Nature also came out with more shades for this powder foundation so you should be able to find your match! I currently am using the shade 'beige'.

Next up is *spoiler alert* my favourite of the bunch, the Antipodes Performance Plus Mineral Foundation ($39.95). I have the shade 'medium beige' in this and it is too dark for me to use at the moment. If I use my gradual tanner (by Uni Organics) twice then this matches me!!
This is the powder foundation that instantly gives you a medium to full coverage. I can build this up (again with a kabuki brush, this is my favourite way to apply them) to an extreme full coverage. The other two allow a bit of my scarring to peak through but not this one. It completely takes over any liquid foundation I own and is perfect for daily use as it is natural and has SPF. Lastly, this foundation really does give a flawless and skin-like appearance as it never enhances any dryness and barely creases in my smile lines.

Last but not least is the ever so popular, Australis Fresh and Flawless powder in 'deep natural' ($12.95). This powder foundation is not loose like the other two and I believe its main intention is to be used over liquid foundation to boost the coverage. If you do want a "full coverage setting powder" (MAC powder dupe) then this will also work amazingly for that.
In saying that, it can be used alone and again built up to a medium/almost full coverage. To apply this one I prefer to use a flat top brush (similar to this) to really press into the skin and pack on the coverage. I don't find this one to cling to any dry patches, unless my skin is super dry and everything would cling to it anyway. This powder, unlike the previous two doesn't have SPF so it is the best option if you wanted to purchase a powder foundation that will look good in flash photography.

Overall I have been loving reaching for my powder foundation over liquids. I have found that my skin is looking and feeling better because I'm using less layers yet achieving my desired coverage. If you have dry skin don't avoid powder foundations because there are a lot out there and they all aren't drying. The one that gives my skin the most matte finish is the Australis option so if your skin is on the oily side that would probably be best. Although any three could work for any skin type as you can always play around with skin prep and primers. I hope you found this review helpful and I challenge you to put the liquid away and use powders too! Let me know how it works out if you do or leave a comment if you have ever tried any of these three powders before 😄
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9