Trash Talk #5

| On
5:38 pm
Ever since committing to a no buy, my little empties container has been filling up quite quickly so you know what that means, another trash talk! These are some of my favourite posts to blog about because you get so many reviews all in one place.
I have used up quite a few non CF products in the past two months and its making me happy because i'm very close to a 100% CF beauty collection 🙌

So let's begin...

I have been using this hair care brand for years. It works well and I already have back ups. Recommend it if you want an all natural and CF shampoo that will get the job done.

Good to settle powder but didn't notice a massive difference in terms of longevity. I don't have issues with makeup not lasting anyway so I couldn't test that. It felt refreshing and I enjoyed the scent. I will probably repurchase this over my UD setting spray as they do the same thing and this is a lot more affordable.

If you have sensitive, dry skin then this body wash is perfect!! It didn't break me out or irritate my body in any way, shape or form. It is very gentle and smells like bubble gum/candy. The 532mL bottle also lasted me a very long time, like over a year. I am currently using a Lush body wash but will eventually repurchase this one.

This featured in my last empties so if you want to hear my thoughts click here.

You can find this scrub mentioned throughout my Skin Diaries but I really enjoy this product. I am unsure if I want to repurchase this exact one or another scrub by Sukin but it isn't abrasive and actually exfoliates my dry skin really well without striping it.

I purchased this moisturiser last winter because my skin got so dry. Ever since I have been reaching for this when I am suffering from flaky skin and it works wonders. It is a thick moisturiser so I can see why it would only be used for night time but on my no makeup days I'd wear this during the day and it hydrated my skin very well.

If you suffer from dry skin, and not only on your face, then I highly recommend this moisturiser! At the moment I am using another one from The Body Shop but will definitely repurchase this if my skin is super dry.

This is another product you would have seen in my, I think, first skin diaries. My skin technician at the time prescribed this to me during my time of treatment. When I used it the product did what it claimed (gently exfoliated the skin) however at this point in time I won't be repurchasing.

Essence Extra Long Lasting Eyeliner Pen
This was not long lasting in the sense I used it up very quickly. It didn't stay very deep in colour for long either. Won't be repurchasing. I believe this is now discontinued anyway.

I was surprised to find out that this brand is actually cruelty free! Finally a luxury brand that don't sell in mainland China and don't allow others to test on their behalf.

The balm is thick and very hydrating however i'd recommend to wear it over night so it completely absorbs into your lips. If you have any desire to purchase a $78 lip balm then go ahead, but my Hurraw! and Eco Lips lip balms work just as well at a much lower price.

Again this has been spoken about in every Skin Diaries and Trash Talk so I won't ramble on about it.

This is super glue for false lashes. Whenever I wear individuals they could easily last three days because this glue is that good!! It doesn't give my eyes an allergic reaction like the Duo glue does and I love the packaging, makes applying lashes so much easier. I already have a back up and will always only use this lash glue.

Full review of both these products here.

I am still on the search for my perfect mascara but this one did come close. It has an hourglass style wand with plastic bristles. I may repurchase this in the future but not for now. It is great for length moreso than volume.

Like coconut oil, paw paw is a staple. At least my actual skin isn't allergic to this!! I am sure you all know about the wonders of paw paw ointment so I won't go into it but it is amazing and I do have other paw paw on hand. This one specifically comes with a lip applicator nozzle so it is great as a handbag lip balm to apply throughout the day.

The never ending and super hydrating eye cream. It is nearly impossible to use this up because you only need the tiniest amount. I forget to use eye cream every night so unfortunately this expired before I was able to use it all but it really hydrated my undereyes like no other cream has. It absorbs well and isn't thick despite it being hydrating. 

A great affordable eyebrow pencil, especially if you are only starting out. If you do let this get blunt it can rip out some brow hairs. It gave my brows a natural yet defined look when sharpened. I won't repurchase this as I have other products I love a lot more (NYX EYEBROW CAKE POWDER!).

Another product that is a popular item in my beauty collection. It has been mentioned in previous trash talks so I'm sure you know all about it.

If you suffer from dull dry hair then this shampoo will work wonders. Paired with the conditioner it was too hydrating for my hair and left it a little oily looking or in fact, it got oily a little faster than usual. In the future I will only use one or the other and not both in conjunction.

Food For Your Skin Face Scrub
Another product that passed its expiry. This natural made and local market bought scrub irritated my skin a little and I may have had an allergic reaction. I purchased it last year and only used it a few times so don't actually have a proper opinion on it.

I love homemade skin care but my skin doesn't like a lot of oils so I need to be careful with ingredients. But I always recommend you try out local made products because you are helping out your community and could find an amazing product!! 

That brings me to the end of my 5th trash talk. It is shorter than my last one and I look forward to my next. What products have you used up recently? Or, have you tried any of the products I've mentioned above?

Non CF
Max Factor Masterpiece Glamour Extensions mascara
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation (wish this brand were CF)
Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask
Colgate Total Pro Clean Breath (HATE THIS! Made my teeth very sensitive)
Benefit Gimme Brow

*I couldn't find ANY information on the Everyday Bouncy facial mask. I received it in a beauty box a while back and have only found that it is sold on eBay. It is made in Korea and the writing is in Korean so I can only assume it is tested on animals. I don't recommend this mask anyway if you come across it. There are so many sheet masks and they all do the same thing. In fact this one wasn't even made properly and didn't have the complete sheet. The eye holes were in the incorrect spot and it did not do much for my skin.*
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9