First Impression: Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation

| On
7:31 pm
I love my full coverage foundations. But lately I've noticed they usually enhances my fine lines and cake up after 6 hours of wear, so I have been searching for a sheer yet buildable foundation to use instead. On a daily basis and for work I don't need a full face, I prefer something that lets my natural skin peak through but still evens out my redness enough that I feel confident leaving the house. Is the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation the one for this? Read on and find out my thoughts!

When I want to try out a new foundation that I have no idea how it will react with my skin I always get samples. They help you save your money if they turn out not to be as great as you expected so that is what I did with this foundation. I was colour matched to the shades 2.0 and 2.5. Any numbers ending with .0 has a yellow undertone and .5 has pink undertones. Both of these shades are fair. For the purpose of this review I used the shade 2.5 as it was the only sample I ended up taking home with me although I think 2.0 will be a better match for my skin tone.
Claims
"Enriched with peptides to restore elasticity and sodium hyaluronates to hydrate deeply, this revolutionary liquid foundation uses light-diffusing technology to create a radiant, flawless-looking complexion.
The light-as-air formula melts into the skin to visibly blur the appearance of fine lines and imperfections for an undetectable finish. 
Coverage can be customised, built and concentrated on different parts of the face as desired for a medium to full coverage finish. 
The foundation comes packaged in a sleek, no-mess, no-waste pump bottle and is available in 18 meticulously calibrated shades."


My opinion
This foundation comes with multiple claims which is music to my ears when I read them. It is exactly what I am searching for in a foundation so I thought it was time to pick up a sample and put it to the test. As I mentioned above I brought home the shade 2.5 which is described as fair with subtle pink undertones.

The first time I applied this foundation I used no primer and since this is a first impressions I will be basing it off that experience. I also did not add any concealer, bronzer, blush, powder or anything to really see how it looked and wore throughout the night. I did use a moisturiser as I have a few dry patches.

The initial layer of this foundation was undetectable yet evened out my redness pretty well. The one layer didn't cling to any dryness, did not settle into any fine lines and dried to a satin finish. I then went ahead and built up the coverage only on my cheeks which covered all redness almost completely. I noticed that when I added an extra layer it settled into one side of my smile lines but every foundation, powder or concealer does this no matter how little I apply - you even notice the laugh line without makeup (I laugh too much)! The foundation was still undetectable and didn't look powdery on my dry skin type at all.

The foundation slightly creased under my eyes however it is a very liquidy formula and it wasn't set with any powder so its understandable. Being on the liquidy and light-weight side allows this foundation to easily be built up to the coverage you desire or you can also sheer it out and make it look extremely natural.

After a few hours of wear the foundation still looked the same as it did when I first applied it. It didn't go patchy or fade anywhere (unless you blow your nose continuously and rub it off with the tissue!) and I was very impressed. The foundation lasted perfectly for 5 hours of wear and I'm sure it would last well beyond that time, I just wanted to go to bed so I had to remove it. It honestly felt like I had nothing on my face the entire time I wore this foundation. The consistency, finish and how it feels on the skin is comparable to the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet at a much lower price and has the added bonus of being cruelty free!

I will definitely be purchasing the full size after my birthday because it looked and felt amazing on my skin. This foundation is exactly what I have been wanting for a daily basis! I feel as though the satin finish can work with both oily and dry skin types. If you are on the oily side I would just powder the foundation and for those of us on the dryer side we don't need to set it at all. If you have tried this foundation before leave your thoughts below :)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9