Plant based food Haul/Must haves + Lunch idea 🍴

| On
5:38 pm
I have been "pescatarian" for a little over a year now. I am leaning towards a more plant based lifestyle as I don't eat dairy or meat however like I just mentioned I do eat fish such as tuna or salmon rarely and organic free range eggs. I do plan to phase these out once my weight is more steady but I find I feel amazing after eating plant based foods.
This is a typical haul after going grocery shopping so I wanted to share with you all what I got, plus what my staples are. I will highlight my must have foods that are a major part of my diet.

What I got/must haves:
  • Faux meat: I typically eat these when I am at a BBQ or when my family are having a BBQ. If you don't want faux meat, another of my favourites are veggie patties, especially chickpea or the beetroot ones.
  • Frozen or fresh berries: These are great for smoothies, juices, bread loafs, sugar free muffins or even to add to my breakfast.
  • Assorted vegetables: I don't really have a sweet tooth, I tend to crave carrots over a chocolate bar so I like to have a mix of fresh vegetables. They can be used in so many ways, my favourites are leafy greens.
  • Fruit: I have already mentioned berries, they are my go-to plus have so many health benefits. Other fruits I enjoy and am buying lately is watermelon, mango, banana, peaches and nectarines. Bananas are another great fruit to constantly have on hand. You can freeze them to juice or incorporate them into lots of recipes. They're also great for an afternoon snack to fulfil any potential sugar cravings.
  • Legumes: my main source of protein! I tend to have these a minimum of once a day but usually twice. You will see a simple pasta recipe below including chickpeas but there are multiple recipes for all types of legumes.
  • Snacks: natural protein bars/slices like pictured above are also a great way for me to up my protein intake. I like to have these on hand for the times I am hungry but don't have time to make something.
  • Frozen meals: these were actually a fail so ignore them. I found it to be way too mushy so I'd rather recreate it fresh myself. The concept is good but I personally dislike frozen meals. If you don't mind them then these are a vegan option.
  • Coconut milk: or even coconut yogurt and icecream. I am off dairy for hormone reasons and I don't like the taste of almond or rice milk.
  • Oats: I have this every morning for breakfast but you can also use it to make granola or add into smoothies
  • Assorted nuts

Easy lunch recipe
Pasta salad with stuffed veggies
Pasta salad:

  1. Cook chickpeas and pasta. 
  2. Put spinach and rocket leaves into a bowl, add the chickpeas and pasta then season with Himalayan salt, black pepper, olive oil and vinegar.
Stuffed vegetables:
Stuff your vegetables of choice with bread crumbs, parsley, oil and salt.
Cook in the oven until bread crumbs have a golden appearance.
1 comment on "Plant based food Haul/Must haves + Lunch idea 🍴"

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9