Tarte Rainforest of the Sea volume III | Swatches & Review

| On
5:00 pm
Before this stunning highlighting eyeshadow palette disappears forever I wanted to do a post about it. Tarte are known for their beautiful packaging and buttery smooth shadows and this palette does not disappoint in neither department.

The Rainforest of the Sea volume III palette encompasses 8 gorgeous shades. One of the eight is a perfect matte transition shade that pairs well with every luster/shimmery shade. Before jumping into swatches of each shade here is an overview of the palette.
Now for a shade by shade breakdown.
Escape
nude pink luster

Tiki
matte beige

Heat Wave
pink luster

Malibu
plum bronze

Rays
peachy copper

Compass
champagne

Jewel
copper

Treasure
pearlescent

My thoughts:
I will keep this short and sweet because my all time favourite palette is the Tartelette in Bloom, so of course I also love this palette.

I find these are best applied with the finger and gently buffed out with a fluffy brush. This method helps achieve a nice strobed look to the eyelids. They can be packed on with a flat shader brush and setting spray if you prefer a more intense look. I love that a versatile matte shade (tiki) was included because it allows you to only use the one palette if you want. I could easily take this travelling and create multiple looks from it.

The shadows last all day on me without a primer, if you have oily eyelids you may need a primer (I'm just dry skinned). Lastly, the shimmery shades within this palette are way better than those in the tartelette in bloom palette. I don't find those to be half as pigmented and buttery as these. So before this is no longer available I recommend you pick it up for yourself! There is also a volume II so if you're not into the highlighting shades that may be a better match for you.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9