🌞 Night Out Summer Makeup 💄

| On
5:38 pm
Ahh summer, the time of year I dread because it's too hot to wear makeup but at the same time I want coverage. During summer nights when I have a party or am going out there are a few changes to my makeup routine that occur so I thought I'd share. Especially if you have scarring, redness, acne or dry skin.

Base
Full coverage foundations are a thing of the past in the warmer weather. The heat + my already dry skin is not a great combination with thicker foundations, they tend to look cakey. I opt for something with light-medium coverage like the EX1 Invisiwear foundation. Since it has a natural matte finish on my skin I like to apply it with a sponge. If you have acne or scarring you may think lighter coverage and a sponge isn't going to do anything for your skin but trust me it works. The purpose of the foundation is to even out your general skin tone.

To cover the redness, cue heavy duty concealer - Hynt DUET Perfecting concealer. If your skin isn't too bad and you only have a few red spots to cover then you could just use this product and be done with it. However, for me to achieve a lightweight yet full coverage appearance the thin layer of foundation plus concealer helps me to achieve that. This concealer has a natural, healthy finish which I love, but if you have oily skin or sweat then I'd recommend you set it with powder. For this routine I don't use powder because my base holds up without it.

In terms of bronzer, blush and highlight I use a mixture of products depending on my outfit or the look I am going for. Today's look incorporated Milani baked blush in Bellissimo Bronze as blush/bronzer and Urban Decay Naked Flushed trio in Naked (highlight shade only).

Eyes
Keeping the eyes basic and opting for a bold or glossy lip is my go-to for a night out in Summer. For brows: NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder, this is literally all I ever use year round. Also, if you know me you could guess the eyeshadow. It is the Tarte Tartlette in bloom palette. I gravitate towards the bottom two rows rather than the cool tones. In particular - flower child, smarty pants, sweet heart and rebel. Mascara is Urban Decay Perversion.

Lips
I wanted to include a few options here because like I said, I either go for a gloss or a bold (red or pink) lip.

Here are a few of my go-to lip products for a summer night:

  • Nudestix Cream Lip + Cheek pencil in Love
  • Colourpop Ultra Matte lip in Succulent which is no longer available so here are a few alternatives: Chi Chi & Creeper
  • NYX Butter Gloss in eclair - these are not sticky at all!!
  • NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul mixed with Milan (this is shown in my selfie)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9