Colour Correcting 101

| On
4:59 pm
A few people have asked me how to best conceal birthmarks, redness, dark circles etc so I thought I'd put together a simple post to explain it. Although I am not a makeup artist I have dealt with most of these issues myself, so I do know a thing or two based off my own experience.
Related image



First things first, understanding the basic colour wheel:
The above image describes what each colour would generally be used for. Usually the colour opposite to the shade you are trying to "correct" is what you will use. For example, with redness you'd use a green concealer.

In this post I will address what I think are, the three main concerns people want to colour correct. Redness, dark circles and dull skin tones.

Redness/Acne

  • Yellow or Green concealer
  • Spot conceal
  • Apply before foundation/normal shade concealer
Personally for redness I reach for a yellow toned concealer, despite what the above image states you should use. As I am on the fairer side I find a yellow concealer is a lot more forgiving and works just as well. If you have a deeper skin tone I recommend using a green toned concealer.

Dark circles
  • Peach toned concealer
  • It can be applied after foundation
  • Follow with normal concealing and powder
My favourite corrector to use for my undereyes is the NYX Dark circle concealer.

Dull Skin Tone
If you are suffering from a dull complexion try a lavender or purple toned concealer/primer.

If you do not want to purchase colour correcting concealers or sticks you can opt for a primer. A number of brands make these such as Becca and NYX.

That brings me to the end of my post. Hopefully it was helpful and you're now able to colour correct anything you skin throws at you!
2 comments on "Colour Correcting 101"
  1. Wow, The blog looks great. Thanks for sharing the information with us. You can also visit hair care tips for ladies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely the content is high quality. There is always pleasure to read this type of content. You can check thisBest Root Canal Treatment

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9