Trash Talk #4

| On
5:50 pm
Trash Talks are one of my favourite posts to write up because I always feel so accomplished looking at all the junk I have accumulated. It actually helps prove to myself that I do go through products I own and they're not just sitting around collecting dust in my collection.
Anyway, I have decided to write these blogposts up a little differently than my previous ones. If you're a follower of mine via Instagram you will be well aware that I am cruelty free. I do have non cruelty free products that were purchased before making the switch so I am phasing them out slowly, hence why some may appear throughout my Trash Talks. I will only be reviewing the CF products I've used up and briefly list the non CF products last (without a review since I don't recommend them!)

Right now as I write this post I am literally sit cross legged on my bathroom floor sorting through my trash because tonight is bin night and I really need to recycle/throw this rubbish out 😂 So let's begin!

True Essentials Cleansing Micellar Makeup Remover
✔ ✔
I had to force myself to use this product up. Not because it didn't do its job but because it made my skin, especially my eyes burn whenever I used it. It is paraben, fragrance and alcohol free, contains no animal derived ingredients and is neutral pH so I wish it didn't burn my skin!! I have no idea what ingredient disagreed with my skin but if you look through the ingredients and they aren't an issue for you I do recommend this.

You can purchase this from Coles.

✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔
This one is a repeat offender since its probably in all of my Trash Talks. Without a doubt this is one of my favourite face masks. I have a full review here so again I won't go too much into it but I will be repurchasing this!

They changed the packaging on this, that is why mine is green and the new one is orange.

✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔
Full review & results post here if you're interested in more info for this product. But I really enjoyed using it and would repurchase.

✔ ✔ ✔ ✔
Random thing to use up but I did use up a bar of soap. I am the type of person that has reactions to soap (yes my body skin is very sensitive, its frustrating) and this didn't irritate me at all! It doesn't lather as much as other soaps which is mostly due to it being 100% natural. It's gentle, fragrance free and not drying whatsoever. If you're after a new soap you should try this one out.

✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔
Another odd thing to include but I honestly go through so many of these and deodorant is an essential. I've been using this deodorant for years and I'm talking the past 10 years. I don't know what I can say about a deodorant other than it smells good and it works.

It's 100% natural and alcohol free. I find the roll-on application very easy to use and the main reason why I go back to it. Already repurchased and have unlimited backups. If you want to get into natural deodorants (which are SO much safer than Rexona etc.) then you should definitely check this one out. There are different scents and also a spray form if you prefer that.

✔ ✔ ✔ ✔
To break up the skincare and body care I thought I better include some makeup to keep you all reading interested. I really enjoyed this primer and it was my go-to on a daily basis. It didn't irritate my skin or break me out and it helped add extra hydration prior to makeup application. 

My skin is on the dryer side so foundation tends to last no matter the primer but this was a good basic, daily use kind of primer. I do want to try out other primers but will most likely go back to this one because I feel like it is a staple in my collection.

✔ ✔ ✔ ✔
Toothpaste. Another essential in everyone's life. 

Toothpastes like Colgate leave my teeth feeling very sensitive plus they aren't good for you, I think I should just do entire blogposts about why things aren't actually safe or good for our bodies hey? So this is what I have used to years. It is mineral based, paraben free and has no added fluoride.

The only downfall is that it doesn't leave my breath smelling overly minty. This is an issue for me personally since I repeatedly had tonsillitis which made my breath smell horrible (gross I know and probably TMI). I've already got multiple back ups and go through many tubes since my whole family also uses this toothpaste.

✔ ✔ ✔ ✔
I love face masks and enjoy doing them regularly. In saying that this mask wasn't a stand out. It worked well and did what it was intended to do. However, I prefer stronger masks such as the Aztec one which makes your face pulsate since it actually feels like it is doing a deep cleanse.

I feel like this would be a GREAT mask for those of you with oilier acne-prone skin types because it helps remove oils and bacteria from the skin plus has tea tree oil in it which aids in reducing acne. If I ever lack face masks, which I don't think will be for a while since I have a drawer full, I would probably repurchase this. I did enjoy using it but it isn't one I can't live without.

✔ ✔ ✔
If you love the scent of jaffa lollies then you will adore this body scrub! It works amazingly with removing dead skin or even old fake tan while leaving your skin moisturised. My only issue with this and the reason why it only receives a 3/5 is that it has coconut oil in it and I am allergic.

If you suffer from acne, cellulite, stretch marks or dry skin then this is a great scrub to use.

Iluka Gentle Foaming Cleanser
✔ ✔
Gel cleansers are not fantastic for dry skin, hence why this only got a 2/5 rating. I did like this face wash but it left my dry skin feeling tight after each use. If you have normal or oily skin then I 100% recommend you try this out because it is a good face wash. Other than leaving my face tight it did cleanse well and didn't break me out.

Its at times like these that I wish I didn't have a dry skin type because this is a good product!
*This product is no longer available.

✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔
I LOOOOOVEEE this cleansing oil. It has been in all my Trash Talks and a few of my blog posts throughout my blog. Visit my product directory page here to check out all the posts where I feature it because I don't want to repeat myself 100 times.

This isn't pictured in the image because it leaked everywhere and I didn't want oil on my background 😂
✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔
Another product that is always in my Trash Talks without fail. It also features in my Skin Diaries. Click here to read more about this product.

✔ ✔ ✔ ✔
Similar to the Face of Australia primer mentioned above I pretty much feel the same way about this one. It is another staple and I repurchased it.

✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔
I have a full review raving about this product here! Fun fact, its my most viewed post to date too.

✔ ✔ ✔
To be completely honest I used this one up such a long time ago that I can't really remember how it performed. I remember researching the best serums to treat acne scarring and vitamin B came up. I think I need to repurchase this and try it again then review it properly. 

I do know that it didn't break me out at least!

✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔
Purchased this because of Shaaanxo. Forever grateful to Shaaanxo. This lip balm is amazing! Again this features in my other Trash Talks.

✔ ✔ ✔
When it comes to skincare I like the products I use to be fuss free. Unfortunately this one was a little too fidgety for me, you need to mix it with water to actually create the paste to exfoliate your skin. This one was only a sample size and although I did enjoy it I just am not up for creating my own paste every time I use it. In saying that I won't repurchase it but if Lush ever make it into a paste already then I would repurchase straight way.

✔ ✔ ✔ ✔
Full review here. To sum it up, I enjoyed using this but for my current skin issues I am using another face wash so won't purchase this any time soon. Possibly would in the future.

✔ ✔ ✔ ✔
Why do good things have to be so expensive? This is a rich, creamy and full of goodness moisturiser. I really do want to purchase the full size but the price prevents me from doing so. One day this will be mine and I will love it forever, I already know.

It is a dream for dry, sensitive skin.

✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔
I WISH Kiko was available in Australia! This mascara was so good and I've been holding onto it for the past uhh, few years (I know thats gross) but I just love it so much and know I will never get my hands on it again. I love the triangular wand, I love the bristles and I love the way it makes my lashes look. It is my favourite mascara and it was difficult to finally depart with it. If I could I would repurchase 10 tubes!!


Non cruelty free products I've used up:
  • Maybelline Fit Me powder in 220
  • Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
  • John Frieda Sheer Blonde Tone-Correcting Shampoo
  • Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless
  • Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 20
  • Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9