Skin Diaries #4

| On
5:51 pm
This update has no good news unfortunately. The battle with my hormonal acne is at its peak and feels like a never ending cycle of new under the skin pimples coming and going. I think the medication has 100% left my system so its all starting to go back to how it was prior to finally having it clear but I'm not going to give up. I have booked an appointment with a naturopath to sort out my hormonal issues which will hopefully result in clearer skin.
 
Anyway, this is what has changed since my last update.
P.S. not many topical skincare items are "clearing" my skin simply because the root cause is my hormonal imbalance. I do find they are helping with current acne but not stopping any new pimples from forming. If you suffer from acne due to diet, congestion or an oil imbalance etc then these products would work a lot better at preventing future acne for you!


Vitamins
Nothing new here, I am still taking the same multivitamins, maca root and vitamin E since my last update. I haven't noticed any to help with my acne but my skin is less dry and my period is regular at least!

Diet
Again not much difference with my diet. I do drink (roughly) 1.5L of water a day, still avoid sugar and am vegetarian.

Skincare
This category has changed slightly. In my last update I was using more products and this time around I have cut back.
  • Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Face Wash for Acne: I use this face wash nearly twice a day every day. If my skin is feeling a little on the dry side I only use this once a day. Tea tree has amazing benefits for existing acne and I used to use this back when I was suffering this badly from breakouts. It does help to dry up any existing pimples but again doesn't prevent future ones.

    This face wash leaves my skin feeling very cleansed but doesn't strip it completely leaving it like the Zahara desert.
  • Sukin Sensitive Facial Moisturiser: same as my last update. This hasn't broken my out and doesn't irritate my skin at all. It also works well under makeup and isn't greasy or oily feeling.
  • Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Ultra Gentle Facial Cleansing Oil & Life Flo Health Pure Rosehip Seed Oil: I've used these since the beginning so read any prior skin diaries to hear my thoughts
  • The Body Shop Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream: This product has been newly added to my routine. Since I am using a tea tree cleanser and have dry skin I wanted a richer moisturiser to compensate. I only use this on the nights I feel like my skin is excessively dry and so far I am loving it! Again it doesn't irritate my skin nor does it clog my pores. The lovely lady at The Body Shop recommended this for me and its been working wonders, if you have dry skin you need this!!
In terms of face masks I have tried a couple that were sent out to me and have loved them all since I am big on pampering myself and doing masks. But in saying that the two products I've been sticking to and focusing on are by The Harvest Garden

I use the Herbal Facial Tea in conjunction with their Kaolin and Activated Charcoal Facial Masque. I first steam my (clean) face for 10 minutes using the facial tea to really open my pores and allow the mask to clear my skin properly. The reason I've been using this mask over my Aztec secret indian healing clay and other clay masks is because I find this one to be very gentle on my skin. The Aztec mask can be a little painful as it literally makes your skin pulsate and since my acne is the deep-under-the-skin-painful type I want something thats soothing and gentle. Also clay masks tend to draw out toxins but also bring a lot more acne to the surface. This is a good and bad thing as its drawing all the crap out but my chin, jaw and cheeks are already covered and I don't really want to bring more out.

The Kaolin and Activated Charcoal mask doesn't dry out my skin and only a very thin layer is needed so it doesn't feel tight or dry. I love that I am able to mix it with water or apple cider vinegar depending on my skin and preferences that day.

Beauty
My favourite category (other than skincare products)! 

Obviously no makeup will disguise the bumps on my face and I don't want to cake on the coverage with foundation that isn't natural so I've been reaching for my Inika Organic BB Cream. This product allows me to adjust the coverage I need depending on the day and I don't use primer (just moisturiser) and it lasts all day. I've also cut down the days I wear makeup to 3 days a week just to let my skin breathe.

Also if you regularly read my blogposts you will know I tried out dermarolling. I have an entire post dedicated to it here if you're interested or missed it. I have only been able to try it out once due to my skin not cooperating and you aren't able to use it when you have active pimples. Hopefully in my next Skin Diaries i'll be able to provide an update on that for you all.

Thats pretty much it for the fourth instalment of my Skin Diaries. At the moment it does feel like a battle I cannot win but i'm not letting it get me down. I am looking forward to what the naturopath has to say and hopefully I will be on the road to recovery soon!! 

If anyone else reading this is in the same boat and struggling with acne I just want you to know that you definitely aren't the only one and your skin doesn't define who you are. I know that it can bring you down and I even have my bad days (pretty often) where I feel like crap but pimples can't stick around forever right?!

Previous Skin Diaries
#1 - A background on my skin and what I plan to do
#2 - Update on taking the natural route
#3 - Dealing & overcoming congestion
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9