5 in 1 Review | Lipsticks

| On
6:46 pm
It's no lie that I own too many lipsticks for one person, I mean I only have one set of lips, so I thought of this 5 in 1 idea. I will wear one chosen lipstick for an entire week in the hopes to use up a decent or even a little amount of it, as majority of my lipsticks have only been worn once. So in total I am wearing 5 lipsticks for a period of one week each. At the end of the week I will write up a review on the my thoughts of each lipstick so it will be informational for you and me, since I will pretty much be shopping my own stash! If you want to do this too you can join on instagram and use the hashtags #5weeklipstickchallenge and #thedailycatchup so I can follow your posts 😃

The five lipsticks I have chosen are nude/pink shades as they are what I typically reach for on a daily basis. Plus if I have to wear this lipstick for a week straight I don't want to be rocking a bold lip (personally). The reviews will be based on how they wear, last and feel rather than on the colour.

So, the 5 lippies I have picked out are:

  1. Chi Chi Cosmetics Viva La Diva lipstick in O.M.NUDE!!!
  2. Essence Colour & Care lipstick in 03 Life's my runway
  3. Colourpop Lippie Stix in Oh Snap
  4. 3ina matte lipstick (the shade name rubbed off)
  5. Gerard Cosmetics lipstick in Vintage Rose
Chi Chi Cosmetics - O.M.NUDE!!!
Week one was dedicated to this lipstick by Chi Chi and I am actually impressed with how much I used. This particular lipstick lasted four to five hours perfectly and I noticed it only faded ever so slightly when eating oilier foods. It has a very creamy but not slippery formula and is comfortable to wear. When it did wear off it was only on the inner portion of my lips and the outer parts stayed in tact.

This is the lipstick you would want if you only want to touch up very minimally throughout the day. For me once was all that was needed. The Chi Chi lipsticks also come in a variety of shades and finishes so you can definitely find something you like!

Essence - 03 Life's my runway
Another week, another lipstick and this week was the Essence lipstick. Compared to the Chi Chi lipstick this one has a very moisturising and creamy formula. Beware, if you layer this too many times it can get all over your teeth!

You can get a very opaque application with one layer and has a glossy finish. Due to this finish it can feel sticky when pressing your lips together so it isn't ideal to wear on windy days, your hair will get caught. After 3 to 4 hours the glossy finish fades dramatically leaving you with a light tint. This is one you will need to reapply more frequently, roughly 4 to 5 times depending on what you eat or drink.

If you're after a lipstick that feels like a lip balm then this will be your best option. It is easy to reapply, smells nice and is very comfortable to wear.

Colourpop - Oh Snap
Like the Chi Chi lipstick these Colourpop Lippie Stix too come in a variety of formulas and shades. This one here is in a matte finish so that is the formula I will review today.

When you first apply the lippie stix it is very soft and smooth, its not a flat matte finish and has a slight sheen to it for a while. After a few hours and a meal it does leave a matte kind of stained look to the lips. If you want full opacity all day long then you do need to reapply roughly twice throughout the day.

The only downfall to this was that after a few hours and a lot of talking the dreaded white line on the inner rim of my lips occurred. This will again depend on the formula you choose. Other than that the colour lasted pretty much all day, it is affordable and smells amazing!

3ina lipstick
3ina is a newer brand for us Aussies and of course the makeup item I was drawn to were lipsticks. This lipstick has a very drying formula in the sense that you need to drag/tug at your lips to apply it. It is very thin on the lips which reminds me a lot of a liquid lipstick without the drying and tight feeling. This practically feels like you have applied nothing on your lips despite how difficult it can be to apply and has the added bonus of barely transferring!

This lipstick lasted roughly 5 hours on my lips before starting to fade and never made my lips look dry nor did it settle in any fine lines. With this one I only had to reapply once.

If you have this lipstick in your handbag or it is a warmer day then it makes the formula a lot smoother and easier to apply.

Gerard Cosmetics - Vintage Rose
First things first, this lipstick and all Gerard lipsticks are prone to melting so beware. Therefore the weather does have an impact on the formula, similar to the 3ina lipstick however that one never melts. If you store this lipstick in the fridge and then use it the formula will be drying causing you to tug on your lips but when its room temperature it is a lot creamier.

This is a very comfortable matte formula and not drying whatsoever. It isn't prone to clinging to dry patches or settling into the fine lines our lips naturally have. It does fade after eating only on the inner rims but still leaves some colour. I'd recommend and personally had to reapply about twice a day, depending on what I ate.

My favourite of all the 5 lipsticks was a tie between Gerard Cosmetics and 3ina. Both are light-weight yet have a very matte finish which is personally my favourite. In saying that I do enjoy each of the lipsticks and recommend them all to you as I wear them on a regular basis.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9