Mint Skin Masks | Review

| On
7:17 pm
Recently I was very generously gifted Mint Skin's range of masks, the Rosa Hydration MUD and Detox MUD. If you follow me on Instagram or read my blog then you will know I have a very strong interest in skincare and love face masks. So naturally, I was very excited to receive and be able to try these masks out.
Lately I am suffering from horrible hormonal break outs so Mint Skin kindly helped me out with working out a schedule to help my issues. For the past week I put the two masks to the test and wrote my review and thoughts throughout.

First things first, a little about the brand:

"Mint Skin is Australia’s newest clay based range of face masks, developed to clean, detoxify and replenish your skin.


Mint Skin was developed to fulfill a need for simple, natural, skin products without the excessive price tag. 
We deliver products that are safe, non-toxic, highly effective and fun. 
We believe in real results from your skin care. 
Our products are cruelty free and locally made, tested on people, never animals."

Schedule
If you too are suffering from hormonal break outs and it feels like nothing is working then this schedule may also suit you. Obviously you can always adjust it to suit your own skin's needs and use masks as often as you wish. This is just what we came up with and what I trialled this past week.
Monday - Detox MUD
Tuesday - Rosa Hydration MUD
Wednesday - Detox MUD
Thursday - break
Friday - Multi-masking
If you've never heard of or are new to multi-masking it is when you use a variety of masks to treat multiple skin concerns. For me congestion, stress, breakouts and dry patches were my issues so I applied the detox mask to my cheeks, jaw line, chin and nose as those are the areas where I broke out. The Rosa hydration mask was applied to my forehead as that is usually my driest and dehydrated area with no acne.

About
Detox MUD
Mint Skin recommend you use this mask if your skin is feeling clogged & congested or it is oily/acne-prone. The Detox MUD mask helps with drawing out toxins and bacteria while leaving your skin a lot cleaner, fresher and healthier.

When I used this mask for the first time it burnt around my nostrils, 100% because I applied it over the top of where I had been blowing my nose all weekend due to a cold. So if you have a cold steer clear of applying this mask too close to that area 🙈. I also made the mistake of applying it a little too close to my eyes (they even recommend not to do this lol) which are naturally sensitive to a lot of things so they watered. The next use I avoided those areas and had no issues at all. So you can all learn from my mistakes!

This mask reminded me A LOT of the famous Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay which is forever sold out. It feels tight on the skin once dried and you can slightly feel a throbbing sensation, which is why it reminds me of the mask mentioned above.

I don't have oily skin at all so I can't tell you if it helped with that but for someone with dry skin I didn't find this mask to be drying whatsoever. I also found it helped to reduce current pimples sizes which was amazing! I really do feel like this mask cleans out your skin and it is a good mask to use after heavy make up or when your skin is stressed.

This was my favourite mask out of the two because I'm obsessed with masks that dry out existing pimples!!

Rosa Hydration MUD
Think soothing, hydrating and rosy.

This mask was very gentle on the skin and not drying whatsoever despite it still being a clay mask. The Rosa Hydration MUD is the perfect pick-me-up kind of mask to give your skin a hydration and glow boost. It was also very easy to remove and the scent made me feel pampered.

In my opinion the packets the masks come in can be used for two applications. Unless you really like to pack on the product. They were both easy to use and the brush applied them evenly. To remove the masks I used warm water and a towel then followed with my moisturiser. By the end of the week I noticed my existing pimples had reduced greatly in size so now I am only left with the red marks.

Since these masks detox your skin you may experience a few break outs in the following days as it really helped to remove all the gunk out of my skin. This is a sign that the mask really does draw out the toxins and clear the skin. If you are interested in either of these masks check out the Mint Skin website, they also have bundles you can purchase.

I will continue to use these masks in my weekly skincare routine as I find they really help with acne-prone skin. If you suffer from acne due to congestion then this will absolutely help to clear that up! If you suffer from hormonal acne it will clear the existing pimples but not stop it in the future (this is an internal issue after all). If you have any questions feel free to contact them because they're super friendly and helpful!!

Other info

Disclaimer - These products were sent to me for the purpose of this review however all opinions are 100% honest and based off my own experience. I only work with companies I would personally support or purchase from myself. For more information click here - disclaimer
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9