Dry Skin Foundation Routine

| On
6:20 pm



My skin type has changed this past year and finding a foundation that sits right has been a challenge. I didn't want to throw away any of my older foundations so here is how I make any foundation work for me. If you're interested keep on reading.

A moisturising primer has become a must have for me. I've ditched pore fillers and colour correcting primers as I found moisturising ones work best. My absolute favourite is Face of Australia Face Base Primer. I really want to try Makeup Forever's hydrating primer but I need to work up to spending $50 just on a primer lol.

To make matte foundations work for me I use a liquid illuminator and go over my dryer areas with a damp beauty blender. Usually I do apply foundation completely with a beauty blender but if it's a sheer coverage foundation on its own I use a brush with it.

Dewy finish foundations generally look better on my skin and don't cling to dry patches. Again I apply with either a beauty blender or brush depending on the coverage I want.

After every foundation application, once it has set a little, I go over it with a dry beauty sponge to soak up any excess product to prevent it looking cakey.

I only apply a thin layer of foundation and build in up in areas I need it otherwise it won't sit nicely and does not look good at all. Usually I don't set my face with any powders to prevent it looking more dry and cakey. If it's a night out I would only set certain areas like my nose, forehead (not between my eyebrows because this is my worst dry patch), apples of my cheeks and my chin.

I sometimes finish off with a spray that I made myself to take away any powdery or cakey look my skin has. Whenever I do these things I can wear any foundation and it works for my skin.

My current favourite foundation is NARS Sheer Glow! It has buildable coverage and doesn't cling to dry areas at all when I follow all above steps. Thank you for reading and have a lovely day.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9