Nude Stix Review: Lip and Cheek Pencils

| On
6:16 pm
I received a tin of Nude Stix products for Christmas and have been testing them out lately. I received the lip/cheek pencils in the shades whisper, mystic and satan. The three pencils come in a limited edition tin including a sharpener.


 
Prior to even testing out any of these sticks I thought they would be very similar to Maybelline's Intense Velvet lip pencils however these applied so much more smoothly. The two creamier finish shades (mystic and whisper) just glided over my lips so easily, this did made it slightly challenging to perfect my lip line.




Satan happens to be my only red lip colour I own in my collection and I was excited to see that it had a matte/velvet finish. I probably would never use this shade as a blush but it is the perfect red lip shade. This one reminds me more of Maybelline's lip pencil!

I have only worn mystic for an entire day on both my lips and cheeks so the longevity will be based off that experience. When I wore this product on my lips it didn't feel drying or sticky at all. It was a lot more comfortable to wear than the Maybelline lip stick (probably due to different finishes). The only downfalls I found were that because it was a creamier finish it didn't last very long and I did have to reapply my lip colour every 2 hours or so. It also did come off when I ate food. Out of all three pencils this is by far my favourite shade. It is the perfect nude/pink shade for my skin tone and so easy to apply!

I also did test this out on my cheeks which I was nervous about because I've never applied a cream blush onto my cheeks. Surprisingly it worked out well. I found it better to apply some colour onto my finger tips to blend onto my cheeks rather than drawing it directly on my skin. It was very easy to blend and easy to build up. I did apply roughly three layers to get a more opaque colour yet it was still natural looking. Once applied I looked up close and it was not cakey and gave me an undetectable healthy flush.

I love how these sticks are versatile and work well on both your lips and cheeks. I've constantly been reaching for mystic throughout the warmer weather and the other two will be receiving a lot of attention from me. I also went onto the official site to read about the company and I must say I have fallen in love. They are all for enhancing natural beauty rather than masking it and these sticks make makeup application super easy and practical.

I highly recommend these products and cannot wait to try more!
 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9