My hair care routine

| On
5:02 pm
Back to the beauty side of things this week. I wanted to share with you all my hair care routine. If you want to try new cruelty free hair care or your hair is similar to mine then I am sure this routine would be helpful!
Like skin care, everyone's hair is different. I have normal, collar bone length hair that is naturally wavy/curly. First things first, I don't use any heat on my hair unless I have a party or event. Even then I might not use it. I'd much prefer to sleep in braids than to straighten my hair. Also, I only wash my hair twice a week. Sundays and Wednesdays so those are the two days I am going by in my post.

SUNDAY
I have dedicated Sundays to be my pamper day/night. I try to do a hair mask (hello hair*) every two weeks alternating with my Evo Happy Campers leave-in moisturiser*. Hello Hair claim their masks only last a few uses however, with my hair length I have been able to use it for about 10 or so uses. You definitely get your moneys worth in a practical packaging. On the alternating Sundays when I don't use a mask I put in little of the leave-in moisturiser. Roughly a 5 cent piece (even less) otherwise I find it leaves my hair too shiny too soon and I have to wash it sooner than Wednesday.
To actually wash my hair I use the Fudge violet shampoo, even though my hair isn't blonde this works on brunettes to cancel out any brassy tones. So if you're a brunette and struggle with an orange tinge to your hair due to dying it then I recommend this!! Followed by the Organic Care shampoo and conditioner. I only double shampoo my hair when I've done the hair mask.

After my shower is when I'd put in the leave-in moisturiser mentioned above. I then let my hair air dry until it is 70-80% dry and then I braid it.

WEDNESDAY
I don't do anything fancy on Wednesdays. I shampoo and condition with Organic Care, not fudge! I find it leaves my roots (naturally have ashy hair) too grey looking. After showering I don't add any hydration in my hair as the conditioner is plenty for me. Instead I add Evo Liquid Rollers curl balm* which enhances natural curls or waves. Every time I use this I notice my hair is that extra bit curly rather than wavy and it actually defines the curls a lot better.
I again let my hair air dry as I avoid heat as much as possible. I'd just like to add that if you have chemically dyed your hair or apply heat tools to it regularly, then completely take a break. Focus on hair masks, leaving your hair to naturally dry and style and in a few months time it will go back to being in a much better condition. For me a simple hair care routine like this works best. I have to admit some weeks I don't even add the extras because I want to let my hair be but it really depends on how my hair is feeling at what products I think it needs. I feel like a minimal approach is best and there is no need for 100's of chemical products being applied directly to our scalps multiple times a week.

Share your favourite hair care products below and your hair type so if someone reading this has different concerns they also get some guidance! 😊

Disclaimer - Products marked with an * were gifted to me by the company. I only use products that I would purchase myself and have tested each of them for 4+ months before deciding they play an important role in my hair care routine. For more information click here - disclaimer
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9