Trick or Treat - Trick's you'll want to know!

| On
4:19 pm
Since today is Halloween I thought it would be fitting to sneak in a beauty/skincare tricks post to celebrate! When you hear the words trick or treat you'd choose treat however these are some tricks you will want to know about.

TRICK#1

Everyone and their mum has heard of the "baking" trend. You can do it to help define your contour as well as amp up your highlighted areas.

I do not "bake" all over because I'm not really into it and it seems too time consuming, although I do make time to "bake" my undereyes. I have always, and I mean since I started wearing makeup, had creased concealer under my eyes as well as them looking powdery, dry and cakey. I have found that applying translucent powder generously under there with a cosmetic sponge for roughly two minutes eliminates any creasing and cakey/dull looking undereyes. You would think that by applying so much powder it would look worse but you wipe it off and you're left with 100% set undereyes that will last you all day!

If you suffer from undereye creasing try out this method, it does not disappoint. It has not creased on me once!

TRICK #2

I am probably the WORST person at eyeliner. I have hooded eyes so it's really hard for me to make sure my eyeliner is even and even the same angles.

To help myself out I use any brown eyeshadow with a pointed brush to map out my wings. This is really helpful because if I mess it up it is so much easier to blend away a light brown eyeshadow line over liquid or gel eyeliner. Once I'm happy with my blueprint I've created I then go over it with my eyeliner of choice. This is honestly the biggest lifesaver whenever I want my liner to be on #fleek.

TRICK #3

Ever get large, painful, under the skin pimples? I get those little friends nearly every month! I've tried toothpaste and tea tree which both work well for me but can sometimes be a little too drying so I have found another secret weapon to combat them pesky zits.

A clay face mask. Applying this before bed just on the spot and leaving it over night helps to bring it to the surface quicker resulting in your pimple to have a shorter life span. Us = 1, pimple = 0. Clay masks also assist with drying up the acne, if you notice your skin gets too dry when you leave this over night leave it on for an hour or so (till it dries).

TRICK #4


Last but not least is matte lips without having to buy another lipstick. I use this trick especially for my bright lipsticks because sometimes I enjoy having a glossy finish but other times I want it to be bright and matte.

All you need to do is apply your shade of choice as per normal then place toilet paper (separate it into a single sheet) and dust translucent powder over your lips. When you remove the sheet of toilet paper your lipstick formula will be transformed into a matte finish that will last you all night long. This technique is a money saving tip as well because you can transform any lipstick into a matte finish with products you already own!

Thank you for reading today's post and Happy Halloween.





P.S. I will be starting to upload on set days after next week is over as I have exams now. I will let you know soon what my uploading schedule will be, for now keep up to date with me on my instagram @thedailycatchup.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9