JULY FAVOURITES

| On
7:22 pm
7 months have already passed in 2016 and there is only 4 more till my birthday and 5 till Christmas! I struggle to commit to monthly favourites posts so I much prefer to do them only when I actually have new favourites. This month I tried out a few new products as well as discovered my love for old products that I own but neglected.

I have split this months favourites into three categories; obviously beauty contains my most favourites as that is my main interest, but I decided to add in the other two for something a little different.

BEAUTY
First up is a fragrance that I have literally owned forever and I have no idea why I didn't use it sooner! It is the Beyonce Perfume in Heat Rush. It has a fruity/florally scent however is a lot less florally than my usual fave Marc's Daisy.
The notes are: passion fruit sorbet, Brazilian cherry and blood orange with mango blossom, orange hibiscus and yellow tiger orchid. I rarely stray away from my floral scents however I feel as though this one is less summery smelling in my opinion and is now my go-to winter scent. The kids at work ALWAYS compliment me when I wear it!

Another product that has been my favourite previously however I did neglect it for a while is the Becca Backlight Priming Filter. I do have a full review on this product here if you are interesting so I won't go on too much about it. Basically if my skin is super dry and dull this primer really helps to liven up my skin and disguise my dry patches.

Boho Balm* is another product that I could not have lived without this month. Winter = dry skin, dry lips & dry hands. This product has been a life saver and combatting all those issues. Full review here. Also their site now has pictures for the different sizes yay :)

I am trying to steer clear of products that aren't cruelty free however I used up my chi chi lip liners so I had to resort to an Avon one this month. Throwing out these products are a waste so instead I am going to use them up and not repurchase. I still can't deny that the Avon lipliner in nude was a well loved product this month.

If you follow me on Instagram you will know that
1. I am on a 'spending ban' and
2. I still made another Colourpop order.
In July I fell in love with their Lippie Stix especially Cookie.  It is a matte finish but it is so creamy and does not enhance dry flaky lips whatsoever. Their site describes it as a true beige nude shade.
I have a lip swatch post coming soon with all my Colourpop lip products, from ultra mattes to satins and lippie stix! Keep your eyes peeled for that.

A skincare favourite has been the Antipodes Immortal SPF 15 Face & Body Moisturiser*. I've been using this as my daily moisturiser as it has SPF in it and a lot of my foundations do not. Even though it is winter SPF is still required! It is a really good lightweight moisturiser and you really only do need the tiniest amount.

Last beauty favourite is the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation. I used up my entire sample this month and now I really need to go out and purchase it (once my "spending ban" is over). It provides medium yet buildable full coverage that isn't cakey on my skin and lasts all day.

FASHION
Showing my true colours this month with the fashion category. My favourite clothing piece has been my Kmart tracksuit pants. This is pretty much because I have been working a lot and it is a part of my uniform but they're soo comfy!

Favourite shoes are my white ASOS sneakers. I'm obsessed with white shoes at the moment, even though its been raining and they get dirty easily.

Jewellery favourite is my Michael Hill necklace from my boyfriend. I'm not big on jewellery but one thing I can tolerate is this necklace because its so simple and means a lot to me.

OTHER
If you know me personally you will be 100% aware that I am a sucker for romance. In saying that I have read so many Nicholas Sparks novels that I have actually lost count. I am currently reading The Wedding. Another book I loved this month is The Substitute by Denise Grover Swank which is free in Play Books (android)!

My last favourite for July is fruit juices. I usually make up my own concoctions but berries and mango has been my go-to.

Comment your favourites below!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9