How to: Bleach hair without damage

| On
7:30 pm
I came across an online article (xovain) which revealed the secret to bleaching your hair without the damage and pain. Anyone who knows me personally knows I love blonde hair. If I ever go back to being brunette a month or so later I miss the blonde and want to bleach my hair all over again. Bleach is super damaging to your hair and whenever I do it my hair usually feels dry and lifeless.

So how can you combat this? Well, the article claims that if you sleep with coconut oil in your hair then bleach your hair the following morning it will be a lot less damaging and your hair will feel smooth. She states that the coconut oil actually acts as the natural oils in your hair which protects your hair and scalp. Since I was planning on bleaching my hair anyway I thought I would put this theory to the test and see how it turns out!

Step 1: Create a hot oil hair mask. This is basically melted coconut oil which is done in a pan over the stove before being applied all throughout your hair. I sectioned off my hair and drenched it in this homemade hair mask. I then used gladwrap to cover all my hair before covering it again with a beanie.

Step 2: was to sleep with it. I put an old towel over my pillow in case any oil leaked out.

Step 3: Wake up and apply more oil. Yes thats right, last nights hot oil hair mask isn't oily enough. According to this article the more oil the less damage will be done! I focused majority of the oil on the ends of my hair since they're usually the first place to feel the most dry after bleaching.

Step 4: If you are getting your hair bleached at a salon go and do all that now or if you're doing it at home like I am (my father is a hairdresser) mix the bleach and apply it. Also if you're bleaching DIY, which I probably would not recommend but you do you, continue following the next few steps.

Step 5: Apply gladwrap over your hair again and use a hairdryer to heat up the areas that you applied the bleach to last. This is to help it process faster and for it all to be the same colour.

Step 6: Once your hair is your desired shade jump in the shower or basin and shampoo your hair. The article recommended to shampoo your hair twice and not to condition it.

Step 7: Now is the time to tone your hair, you need your hair to dry off before doing so. Then you jump back into the shower and shampoo once then condition! It says to condition heavily so that is what I did.

Annnnd you're done!

My thoughts
Once I completely finishing colouring my hair it was a lot easier to brush out all the teasing that was done (to help with blending my natural colour with the blonde). When my hair was dried it felt so smooth and my ends, which always usually feel dead, were also smooth! A week after bleaching my hair it was still smooth and did not look damaged. If you are colouring your hair any time soon you need to try this method out!

Here is an after photo of my hair currently


To help maintain the ash I will be using my John Frieda Tone Correcting Shampoo (full review and photos here!)

Thank you for reading and have a lovely week

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9