Skin Diaries #7

| On
7:17 pm
I haven't updated you all on my skin since October last year. So I thought it was about time to check in. I was hoping this post would be the one all about how I finally cleared my hormonal acne but it's not.
October 2017-February 2018 were the months when my skin was at its best. I will attach photos throughout this of my skin but you can check out my last update to see how smooth it started to become. For whatever reason, the clearer skin phase was just a phase. It has gone back to breaking out and only clearing up around ovulation time. Since I have PCOS and my hormones are constantly regulating due to treatment (naturopath) my cycle length has altered. My cycle has gone down to 32-37 days which is a lot better than the usual 48 days or skipping. This now means I ovulate quite late so my body has less of progesterone or testosterone (I can't remember which one). Therefore, I have larger amounts of time with my breakouts.

Since the naturopath is dealing with the supplement side of things I will leave that out for now. Especially as it is personalised. I will mention I still have a herb mix, vitamin A and zinc.

My diet is pretty much the same, although I would like to cut back on sugar again as I was less strict for a while. I am also going to aim to eat the rainbow when it comes to vegetables on a more regular basis.

Now for skincare, my favourite part. Once again I want to reinvent my routine. It already is quite minimal and natural/organic however there are some changes I'd like to make.

  • Olive oil - currently using this as my first cleanse to break up makeup. Olive oil doesn't clog pores, contains antioxidants, hydrates and so much more. I find it a lot gentler than store bought oil cleansers and it doesn't leave an oily residue.
  • Dr Bronner's Pure Castile soap - this remains as a staple. I only use it if I really have to (when I have heavier makeup on and the olive oil cannot take it all off), as it can be drying. I am hoping to purchase a cleansing milk to have as my second cleanse though. So that is a change that may happen between the now and my next update.
  • Sukin Hydrating Face Mask - I am only using this product until I use it up completely. I also want to use up all of my other masks so I can switch this entire section out. I plan to purchase an aloe vera plant and vitamin C serum. I will use those two ingredients as my face instead.
  • Liquid Zinc - Currently using this as my serum before moisturising, and only at night. I have gone on about zinc numerous times so I won't get into it here. I do find it is helping to reduce my active breakouts.
  • Zumface Facial Oil - the same as last update!
  • Tea Tree Oil - to spot treat any larger pimples.
  • Aloe Vera plant - This is something new I've FINALLY added to my routine. I have been using it for about a week (blogpost coming next week showing results) and it has done amazing things!
Based off my photos you will notice that with almost a year difference it has cleared up quite a bit.  I am excited to see how it is in another years time, I guess I was just kind of expecting it to be clear by now. These photos really do keep me motivated and help me notice progress.  
June 2017 - June 2018

I share photos with you all to show that it is possible for pimples to clear up. If you are also taking a natural route it may take a little longer but it works.

That is all I have to share with you for this update. My skin can only get clearer i'm sure!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9